Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What tyres for? (one for TJ?)
  • aracer
    Free Member

Any recommendations for off-road tyres for a tandem? Now I’ve got mini-aracer riding on the back (on road) who’s already riding off-road stuff on his own bike that his mum wouldn’t I’m thinking of setting up some of wheels for off-road fun. I’m figuring I might want something a bit heavier duty than the lightweight XC tyres I normally use (Racing Ralph / Nobby Nic) and the garage is filled with. Though at least for the moment our combined mass is still less than ton, and the riding will be wheels on the ground easy stuff so I don’t need anything that extreme.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t know how much it matters – just run higher pressures especially in the rear.

I swap around a lot depending what I am doing. Lightish XC tyres (conti vert / gravity combo) for our usual riding as we ride a chunk of easy paths to get to the hills. Something a bit chunkier for trail centres and expedition work. I have even run it with full on DH tyres – but very draggy

aracer
    Free Member

I don’t know how much it matters

Well there’s a summary of the correct advice for all threads like this 😉

Ta for that – I have some tyres in my collection a bit sturdier than the Schwalbes to try. Though given most of our weight is over the front wheel and we don’t have a sus fork (yet – that will be another question at some point I suspect) I suspect I might need to swap around your tyre pressure advice.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fork – Marzocchi as you can get steel steerers fitted if it does not have them DJ1 is the cheap option usually as you can get harder springs and fit air caps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for? (one for TJ?)’ is closed to new replies.