Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What tyres?
  • Kryton57

Cars.

Looking for some new ones and Avon ZZ5’s seem to come under the £100 bracket, with many around the £120/£130 price point (225/45/18). Any experience with the Avons?

Is there a standout option amongst the favorite brands or is it all much of a muchness – other than the uniroyal rainsport 3 which it would appear trumps everything…

P.S. I have to ask to keep Dez B happy.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

If you’re driving a performance car in this weather then get the best winter tyre you can?

Kryton57

How about a diesel estate, all year round?

jam-bo

I’ve got some avons. 225/45/r17 probably the model you said.

Seem fairly predictable and wearing better than kumhos and prestivos they replaced.

Kryton57

Ah I was looking a Kumho’s so thats useful, thanks.

spence
    Free Member

The Avon’s seem pretty good tyres, my daughter has the ZT5’s on here Pug and my wife the ZV5’s on here Astra. Grip, wear, noise etc. all seem good so far. I was very close to ordering a set of ZZ5 for my Jag but was offered a couldn’t be refused deal on some F1’s. However these are wearing very quickly so will be looking again at the ZZ5’s quite soon.

Kryton57
    Northwind

I went with hankook ventus evos, based on recommendations, for my scabby mondeo. They’re good- at least, they’ve lasted a fair old while and done nothing bad at all. But who uses enough tyres on the same car to really know what’s best? I’d buy ’em again anyway.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What tyres?’ is closed to new replies.