Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What turbo trainer???
  • gnusmas

I am thinking about getting a turbo trainer. I have converted my HT to use on the road, still have my heckler but would like to try a trainer too. Having never used one before i don’t want to spend too much as it will only be used now and again.

Any suggestions??

RobHilton
    Free Member

Any suggestions??

Get a second hand one from the classifieds – any one that works.
    Realise how dull it is.
    Re-sell on the classifieds.

Consider spinning classes.

amt27
    Free Member

buy as cheap as possible, unless noise is an issue, then look at different resistance technologies, if you are using a geared bike don’t bother with variable resistance,

get yourself a fan and a hrm, download a few vids from sufferfest, otherwise it is as boring as RH says

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 for turbo I got it free from a mate who could only use it in garage. I have polar HRM and its now sat in front room in front TV. Works a treat. Warm, comfortable no winter road work or extra over boots etc to buy 🙂 I come home from work, check the training program, browse TV channels and find something to watch and Im away. Wait for the program and start training. TV or a DVD keeps me happy and while I exercise. Fitness increase is brilliant. If you cant get either for turbo best not to bother. It will be too borring. I MTB on weekends 😉 and the turbo fitness means I really enjoy my rides more.

scratch
    Free Member

+1 for a cheap one off here.

Get a few sessions together, dull as dish water if your just spinning away for hours on end. I usually do 2×20 twice a week to help the CX, I try to do 30secs full / 30secs off on one of them, then 20mins at Zone4 for the other. Loads about though.

gnusmas

Thanks for the replies!!

I have posted in the wanteds for one, will see what happens.

I would be using it in the front room in front of the telly (had already decided it would be boring otherwise). I will also look into spinning classes but i think the nearest one is 20 miles away.

I put a bit of weight on this year and not been out much (bad year all round unfortunately) so need to lose weight and regain fitness levels through the winter ready to kick some dust up next year (and mud in between)

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Get a polar HRM and you can use their online training diary and programs. Keep you honest 😉 Burn fat – long slow rides and stop eating so much.

project
    Free Member

gnusmas – Member
    Thanks for the replies!!

I have posted in the wanteds for one, will see what happens.

and as if by magic i have one for sale, a taxc 1450, in blue, variable magnetic resistance, reasonably quiet,hardly used because its so boring.

Because its so heavy can deliver it within 30 miles of the chester area.
    Email on profile page.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What turbo trainer???’ is closed to new replies.