• This topic has 65 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by colp.
Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • What trousers for long distance flight?
  • smiththemainman
    Free Member

Cheers for the PSA Jamie, 2 pairs ordered and not even got any flight booked yet 🙂 oh and one pair of the recommended Converse rip offs!! Seriously though where do they get their prices from and who the heck buys them, some people are so detached from the value of money that it is obscene 🙁

colp

It’s flights to Cape Town via Frankfurt, Istanbul and Dubai, so getting progressively hotter.
    I’m thinking cargo pants with detachable lowers that I can rip off in one fluid motion in Dubai, think Bucks Fizz in Eurovision.

downshep

Something loose fitting around the crotch with cargo pockets and zip off legs in a nice red wine / coffee colour to hide spillages.

Yes, I’m middle aged.

maccruiskeen

Maharishi 8038 Upcycled Parachute Pants.

Obvs

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cape Town via Frankfurt, Istanbul and Dubai

colp

Good call, but they’ve sold out.
    I reckon MC Hammer must have bought a job lot.

imnotverygood

Judging by another thread. Just get brown ones.

colp
    nickdavies

Chinos for the airport and start of flight, then I either wear linen trousers or pyjamas after the meal for a snooze. Never jeans or suit trousers. The pyjamas do get you weird looks.. but I’m the one comfortable!

Then change back just before the descent starts while freshening up.

It’s probably a sign that I fly the same long haul too much when I have a flight routine…

trail_rat
    Free Member

It’s sitting in a chair ffs.

I usually wear jeans. More often that planes are cool rather than hot so wouldn’t be banking on shorts.

As for

“Cape Town via Frankfurt, Istanbul and Dubai,”

Is there a reason for that route or were they just cheap.

Reminds me of when work wanted me to fly abz London Jo burg Angola to save 150 quid but took 1 day longer at each end. …..but every day they had me cost them many many more times that.

I flew Aberdeen paris luanda in the end 🙂

lovebadger
    Free Member

Kuhl Liberator’s for me 🙂

CountZero

A couple of pairs of these:
    http://www.climbers-shop.com/9919881/products/troll-omni-pants.aspx
    I used to wear them all the time, then I started wearing shorts for most of the year and combats through T the cold months, but I have to wear smart-looking trousers to work now, and I’m in a car all day, so I’m going to get some new ones for the warmer months.
    So very, very comfy.

iainc

Flaperon – Member
    Who gives a toss what you look like?

…Wonder if the pilots similarly get changed into leisure pants once the door is shut…. ? 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s probably a sign that I fly the same long haul too much when I have a flight routine…

I also fly long haul a lot. I also have a routine. Pyjamas are not a part of it!

Was in my favourite seat, 62K, on a daytime flight to the US a little while ago. Business class. Some chap across the aisle got up as soon as the seatbelt light went off, went and changed in to an aged pair of branded BA First pyjamas. He had clearly chosen them to say to people, “Look at me! I’ve flown First!”.

I use the First pyjamas as rags to clean my bikes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

..Wonder if the pilots similarly get changed into leisure pants once the door is shut…. ?

Erm….

Linky

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Jeans, or suit trousers if they are comfy, t shirt or shirt, a jacket for putting everything in through security.

so getting progressively hotter.
    I’m thinking cargo pants with detachable lowers that I can rip off in one fluid motion in Dubai, think Bucks Fizz in Eurovision.

The only bit of excessive warmth should be at the point where the air bridge meets the plane, apart from that it will be mid 20’s max around there. If it’s night it will be cooler.

colp

Worked out £1200 cheaper for family of 3 via that route, and not much longer time wise.
    It’s only 2 flights in theory but each has a connection. Manc/Istanbul with Luftwaffe, then Istanbul/Cape Town with Emirates.

I found some handy guidance that should help my final decision

batfink
    Free Member

It’s flights to Cape Town via Frankfurt, Istanbul and Dubai

egh? Blimey.

I think you mean “What trousers for spending all day walking between departure gates”

colp

Yeah, it sounds a faff, but I’m trying to keep my step count average up on my iPhone.

matt10214
    Free Member

I’ve just flown Manchester to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico (11 hours plus) in a pair of GAP jeans and was as comfortable as could be!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Actually the more important thing is getting the right undercrackers, and always have a spare pair in your hand luggage, (2 reasons firsty fresh boxers are always welcome after a long haul or even half way (especially if you can grab a shower) and on a route like that there is a good chance of missing or delayed bags so having clean pants, socks and a t shirt is a real bonus

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have some “lounge wear” for long haul. It was made by that fancy David Gandy chap for M&S. Worn without undercrackers. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Not to alarm you but every transfer you take increases your chances of a significant delay greatly. Especially at attaturk ime.

Anyway I’ve only ever seen the point in dressing up if I’m meeting someone important off the plane/at the airport traveling with them.

I’ve had upgrades wearing cargo shorts and flipflops I’ve had upgrades wearing jeans hiking boots and a teeshirt.

My only caveat is do not do what the rig crew lads from Louisiana do. Seems like the done thing to fly long haul in their company dungarees/and work boots with their tin top strapped to their carry on bag like a soldier going to war.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not to alarm you but every transfer you take increases your chances of a significant delay greatly. Especially at attaturk ime.

Anyway I’ve only ever seen the point in dressing up if I’m meeting someone important off the plane/at the airport traveling with them.

I’ve had upgrades wearing cargo shorts and flipflops I’ve had upgrades wearing jeans hiking boots and a teeshirt.

Agreed

mcnultycop

I just wear clothes. Spare set of underwear if it’s over a good few hours but just clothes will do.

colp

Yeah been there. We once got off a flight from Maui to Honalulu that was delayed (on our way home) and had a 747 full of angry Americans waiting for us. Had to do the walk of shame right to the back.
    I was probably wearing shorts, socks & sandals though so there’s no way they’d guess I was British.

Mike’s point about undercrackers is a good one.
    I’ve found these that should tick all the boxes

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘What trousers for long distance flight?’ is closed to new replies.