Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • what trainers are people wearing these days?
  • redsox
    Free Member

Always wore skate shoes, but the last few years it’s been whatever’s available in the jumble sale that is TK MAXX.

Had a look around the skate websites and it’s either plimsole looking things or something that a clown may have thrown up on – i’m not 17 anymore

So what’s good/cool/not been designed by someone who took every crayon out the box?

bearnecessities

So what’s good/cool/not been designed by someone who took every crayon out the box?

*Patronising mode engaged*

More seriously, I have no idea what is cool, but I have had 2 pairs of these and will buy a third even though they have been superseded several times. They’re the comfiest thing in the world ever, it’s like walking on a loaf of cheap white bread.

RustySpanner

Find a pair that you find aesthetically pleasing, fit and that you can afford.
    Buy those & stop worrying about what other people think/are wearing. 😀

Alternatively, ask your mum to pick you some up next time she’s in the supermarket. 😉

aP
    Free Member

New Balance 410s in black and Vans Low Cabs.
    But then I’m a late 40s architect with difficult glasses and a tendency to wear a lot of black.

mightymule
    Free Member

I’m still wearing black DCs

peterfile
    Free Member

All the cool kids wear Supra. I’ve got a couple of pairs, pretty comfy and make me irresistible to women.

bigblackshed

Vans “plimsoles”. As I have for the last 30 years or so. I’m still 12 really. 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

converse, normally lows, worn with jeans or shorts

martinxyz
    Free Member

Jordan 5 black met’s,Jordan xi bred’s,fleece lined skate hi vans and a pair of £17 quid vans La cripta dos for work.

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Inov8’s. bombproof and comfy and not clown coloured.well, some of them aren’t.

petefromearth

Campers – so comfy and cool designs…

JAG

I’ve just bought some of these in the Red & Black;

I want them for playing Softball but they’re a Trail Running Shoe. They’re really comfortable and cost £32 from Sports Direct.

Kryton57

I only wear pristine white Adidas with dark blue stripes, or black converse all star high.

Both are classic all time casual footwear.

mechmonkey
    Free Member

or

Bregante

Not really a trainer as such but I’ve been wearing these for years. I’ve now got 5 or 6 pairs in different colours

tomhoward

Still skate shoes or converse, as I have for 15 years. It’s getting trickier, but the more subtle, non gopping designs are available, just harder to find.

Neil-F
    Free Member

I’ve just bought these:

I also wear these:

I have a pair of canvas plimmy things from Next too, which a super comfy and look good with jeans. I think this is the first period in about 25 years that I don’t have a pair of white trainers sitting in the bottom of my wardrobe.

northernmatt

Merrel’s but they aren’t really trainers. I’ve got some Onitsuka Tigers which are comfy but only on warm days as they are a bit thin.

colournoise

DC still do some nice variations on black skate shoes.

Merak

Alot of middle aged replies here…. Vintage re-release are where its at, Air Max 1’s are always a banker. Asics have some nice new stuff. Avoid beige and outdoor types. Go bold and brash 🙂

huws
    Free Member

Air Max 1

This!

Also Nike Blazers

peterfile
    Free Member

Alot of middle aged replies here….

+1

It’s like an article in Grazia titled “What all the IT crowd are wearing….”

Duane…
    Free Member

Currently these.

Not trainers though.. I wear trainers (or as I call them, running shoes) for running and at the gym.

Coyote
    Free Member

Vans. Just like always.

smell_it
    Free Member

This atrocity exhibition makes me glad the noble shoemakers of Northampton have crafted their skills to provide a shoe for every occasion.

transporter13
    Free Member

I’m still doing the whole skate shoe thing. Can’t see me changing anytime soon either.
    Currently wearing some DC mx monster versaflex in black and lime flavour. Comfy as hell.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My first trip to the land of the skate style shoe – price was right (free) comfy really, have non yellow laces too. Decided they looked better than the black/purple ones. May also be useful for riding into town (clipped for everything proper)

cloudnine
    Free Member

Etnies number mids and etnies skyline rvm mid (waterproof).. Sort of bmx / skate shoes but very comfy and grip well on flats too.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

have a look in sportsdirect ( and online site ) too, if you like TKMaxx 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Supra or something from the Vans Vault or OTW range, New Balance if you want something tranery. My collection also includes Cons, Cons x Stussy, Lakai, Globe, DVS, Circa, Emerica, Osiris, Losers etc, not quite middle aged yet.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Trickers or Cheaney, for the budget conscious there’s Barker or Loake.

molgrips
    Free Member

Trainers aren’t cool. Neither is worrying about what’s cool and what isn’t.

Get something you like. You can identify such things.. can’t you?

ianv
    Free Member

Adio are my favourite, some good ones in the Nike 6.0 range as well.

aa
    Free Member

nike air uptown sensation, custom.
    Nike air jordan 12, custom.
    Vans, since 1985. Scour the web cuz i still want to pay 20quid rather than £40.

sideshowdave
    Free Member

Uk made trainers
    Try here, not well known but well made and British

piemonster

piemonster

Inov8’s. bombproof

I wish 🙄

Dread to think ow much cash Inov8 have had from my wallet. 👿

ianv
    Free Member

£30 from rollersnakes

zzjabzz
    Free Member

whatever £30 Asics Sports Direct are doing. Or Chucks.

binners

I always assumed your taste in trainers was locked into whatever you loved when you were about 18, and never changed from that point onwards.

So on that basis…

Old School Adidas all the way. Only the colours change

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘what trainers are people wearing these days?’ is closed to new replies.