Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What Track pump to buy – Lezyne??
  • younggeoff

I've heard good things about the lezyne pumps but they seem a bit pricy, recommendatinos on alternatives please

mtbfix

SKS Rennkompressor. Solid and no fuss.

peteimpreza

Topeak Joe Blow.

Solid and reliable.

alpin
    Free Member

i've got the mini Lezyne pump. nicely put together piece of kit. very light. all aluminium construction and lifetime warrenty.

the mini takes a while to pump big tyres up to volume but it can pump upto 120psi for road.

StirlingCrispin

I've just bought a Lezyne after my Jo Blow died.
    I really miss the push-on adaptor thingee on the Jo Blow but the action on the Lezyne is better that the Blow's ever was.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

To be honest I bought a battered old Blackburn on on eBay for 99p, it's great, it pumps tyres, gauge fairly accurate. Does make you wonder why you 'need' so spend a lot….

bigyinn
    Free Member

Tescos £9 track special pump does me fine. Had it a couple of years, pumps tyres up with minimal effort.
    Might be different if i used it every week, but its fine for my purposes.

69er
    Free Member

Silca.

jond
    Free Member

Rennkompressor. Looks like they're only a handful of few quid more than the Lezyne from the right place (and I suspect the bottom end's a bit heftier) – mine's at least 15yrs old now.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I've killed almost every type of track pump you can imagine. the Renncompressor lasted well under a year – the hose thread tore the thread out of the cast iron base – bit sh!t really. currently using a Giant Airtower which pumps like a b!tch; we'll see how it's doing in a years time. Blackburns have always been pretty good in my experience.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

peteimpreza – Premier Member
    Topeak Joe Blow.

Solid and reliable.

+1

rolfharris
    Free Member

Topeak Joe Blow. They last forever and work great.

headfirst
    Free Member

Go for the lezyne, I've killed two pumps before (a Park Tool and a Blackburn) and this one is the best yet by far, nice action, big clear dial and no air leakage but make sure your presta valve cores aren't removable like they were on my road bike. By that I mean that the middle bit you twiddle, you can tell if they're removable because they'll have flat bits on the side (no thread) to spanner them off, mean for extending your valves one roadie deep-rimmed aero wheels. otherwise you'll remove the core when you unscrew the pump head, which is annoying 😐

* having said all this, I am wanting to get 110 psi into my road tyre on a regular basis, if you're just after mtb pressures (max 40 psi?) then you'll be right with owt

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What Track pump to buy – Lezyne??’ is closed to new replies.