Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What Torque Wrench?
  • ali69er
    Free Member

Yes, quite boring, but thinking about a torque wrench. Is it necessary to splash out on the Park Tools option or would something like this from On One be decent for home use? Anyone any experience? I need it for torquing stem bolts through to suspension linkage

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TOJWMTWS/jobsworth-pro-torque-wrench-set

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

I have one of these

I’ve seen an M-Part one that looks pretty much identical (just different branding).

It has been fine for what I need (stem, rotor and crank bolts), but tbh I still use feel most of the time

riddoch

I’ve got a park tools one that I got intending to torque everything to the right settings but I’ve never actually used it. Drop as a line if you are interested.
    I’ve used the Ritchie one that’s fixed at 5nm for stem bolts. They are a bit of a bargin.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GavinB

That Jobsworth one looks identical to the Might Torque Wrench I got after a recommend somewhere or other. There are loads of these around, all branded and marketed differently.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001R4BR1O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8,psc=1

It’s better than the Park one I previously used, although I’ve not managed to check it for calibration to check accuracy.

chrishc777
    Free Member

CRC do one for 23.99, good reviews, will be getting one myself soon

Sodajim

Got the CRC one, its ok, not brilliant but ok. If your going to be using it regularly I’d invest in something a bit better if it were me.

Tool Mart do pretty much the same wrench but with the option of 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch drive for the same money.

Tool Mart also sell a selection of bits for about £6 a strip.

I have a couple of Halfords pro ones for higher torques which are a lot better but then a lot pricier

With the CRC one I ended up buying a little Halfords Pro Socket set half on offer at price to get all the bits included and now tend to use the quality little ratchet from that and just use the CRC wrench for the final torqueing

natrix
    Free Member

I’ve found the CRC one to be fine for home use

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What Torque Wrench?’ is closed to new replies.