Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What to upgrade Cdale RZ 120 3
  • MikeL
    Free Member

I have managed to get a Cannondale RZ one twenty 120 on the cyclescheme!

I will upgrade the groupset as and when things brake and I am looking for a Lefty to replace the fork with.

Is there anything I could replace straight away that would make a big difference?

peteimpreza

Wheels and tyres.

Reduced 120mm Lefty

MikeL
    Free Member

Cheers mate – looks good 😉

I am trying to work out if paying £600 extra for the 2 version and swapping the front fork is better value than getting the 3 version and slowly upgrading most of the bike?

peteimpreza

Get the 2, black is better. 8)

peteimpreza

And the 2 has Shimano where it counts

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Remove yourself from the bike and give it to a skilled person to ride. The bike will now have much greater performance and it’ll cost you nothing.

MikeL
    Free Member

That’s either a joke or you have seen me ride 🙂

Back to the point in hand – swapping the group set with the XT stuff on my hardtail seems to be the way to got.

Cheers,

rootes1

bit overkill for the commute to work perhaps?

I road bike probably would given better cycle to work performance! 😉

rocketman
    Free Member

Got one meself back in 2008. RS Revs and some decent wheels/tyres make a huge difference.

Still on the original X5/X9 groupset have not adjusted the shifters/mechs since the first week. Shift click shift click lurvely

MikeL
    Free Member

Got a bike for the road – this is for fun!

Superficial
    Free Member

Fraud is fun? I think you’re missing the joke…

dekadanse
    Free Member

I’ve got an 09 Rize 120 carbon (or part carbon) and with 140 Talas forks up front and a nice comfy Gobi saddle, and it’s the smoothest ride imaginable – knife through butter through everything.

MikeL
    Free Member

Superficial – I think you need to wind your neck in a little, accusing people of committing fraud on a public forum is way out of line. I Live in Somerset – my cycle to work is mostly off road – why should I buy a road bike?

Dekadanse – thanks for the advice

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What to upgrade Cdale RZ 120 3’ is closed to new replies.