Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • what to upgrade
  • bruders338
    Free Member

Hi im new to all this. and just brought a boardman comp. was going to buy the pro but i love the look of the white one.

anyways just wanted to see what people think about upgrades. i was just going to buy a FS but going to wait now until april/may just so i can get a feel of the sport etc etc.

all comments welcome

Bregante

Right now… Nothing. Good solid bike to get into biking. Only upgrade bits as they wear out IMHO

nickswolves
    Free Member

Only potential upgrade I would consider before parts wear out is tyres

chojin
    Free Member

Nice bikes those boardmans, the only thing I’d change would be the saddle and perhaps get rid of the mountain kings!

Edit: beaten to it :/

Get a pair of nobly nics from on-one and job’s a goodun’

alexpalacefan

Don’t upgrade. Ride up grades.

APF

wiggy1981
    Free Member

I really wanted a 2010 Boardman Pro HT but can’t seem to find one in a large frame, if I can’t get one I’m thinking of the 2011 Boardman Comp HT. what do people think, should I hold out for a second hand 2010 model Pro or splash out on a 2011 Comp, I’d love the 2011 Pro but just can’t stretch that far! Any advise would be greatly appreciated

jamiec360
    Free Member

Contact points if you feel the need. Decent winter tyres or go tubeless with right tyres and stans kit (assuming the rims are compatible). if you like the saddle keep it they’re very personal choice. nice wide bars (Renthals are lovely) decent grips, lots of folks seem to like the superstar ones but personally I like ergons, pedals just got a set of superstar nanos and while I’ve not had flats for ages they really are good but been riding spds for years.

Alternatively riding kit, good shorts or probably better 3/4s for this time of year, decent gloves and jacket and shoes for whatever type of pedal you have/get.

Or spend the money on getting out to some trails?

druff
    Free Member

Go and see Tony a.k.a. Jedi at UK Bike Skills for some coaching – it’s the best upgrade I’ve made to my bike, ever.

Northwind

Go ride it! Thogh personally I’d fit a quick release if it doesn’t already have one, and I’d replace the front tyre with something I trust.

But y’know… Never ask “what should I upgrade”, if you don’t know then the answer’s nothing.

althepal

See how you get on with it. Tyres is common although I found MKs ok as long as it was dry..
    Upgrade as you need to..

mboy
    Free Member

Standard grips, saddle and tyres are pretty awful on the Boardman’s as stock (but that’s very personal, you may get on with them all). But other than that they’re great bikes. New grips, saddle and some tyres isn’t a massive expense, so if you’re looking to spend any more… I wouldn’t, I’d save it up…

Or spend it on going riding, a skills course with Jedi, better cycling clothing.

Buying new shiny can be nice, but it’s not always worth it. Though personally, I need a saddle I can sit on for a few hours at least, grips that don’t leave my hands numb, and tyres I know aren’t trying to kill me… The rest I’ll muddle through with.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Wiggy – hold out and get an fs model. The hardtails are good but the fs at 1600 is a great bike. As for the upgrades thena day at dirtschool/ridelines/jedi etc is a good way to spend money.

jason221
    Free Member

Really?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘what to upgrade’ is closed to new replies.