Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What to see/do/eat/drink in Barcelona?
  • bails

As per the title, we’re off to Barcelona soon, staying about half a mile south of Sagrada Familia, just the other side of Avenue Diagonal.

Where’s good to eat (tapas, mmmm!), drink and entertain ourselves?

We’ll probably go to Sagrada Familia (need to buy tickets actualy) and might go up to the Monserrat monastery in the hills outside the city. What else is good for two hip, young things, one of whom likes art, the other is just happy to go with the flow as long as I get my wine at the end of the day?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

we enjoyed a cycle tour, gets you around a lot without having to walk it all

Eating wise we ate all over the place so many places to try.

Try to sit in the sun.

The beach was windy

La poma Dirt jumps would be on my list this time round!

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Parc Guell/Gaudi Gardens are well worth a visit.

martinhutch

I ended up being a little disappointed with Sagrada Familia. It is undeniably spectacular, but there were just so many people there (plus noisy building works), that the ambience of a great cathedral was completely missing.

We went to a monastery o/s the city – might be the same one, had a cable car to get there. That bit was fab. There are stacks of decent art galleries, but I expect you know that already.

Eating – tended to go to the beachfront places at Barceloneta, which were nice enough.

Avoid Las Ramblas. The Oxford Street of Barcelona.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

blue bus or red bus.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Camp Nou stadium tour if you like football. But probably not if you’re a fan of Real Madrid

thepublican
    Free Member

If you like design and eating in good places then this is an excellent guide:

http://petitepassport.com/tag/barcelona/

wilburt
    Free Member

Not impressed with that church, lots of concrete shutterwork, the one on the hill is much better imo. I could happily spend a day in the market of ramblas eating and drinking.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Been done many a time on here.

My tip – Passadis del Pep. As long as you like seafood, that is.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

wander route the old town – its beautiful. go to the beach. some lovely restaurants and bars down by the Olympic harbour (short taxi ride), theirs a really nice park near down the road from the main station (can’t remember name – was on stag do), parc guell deff worth a visit. avoid the ramblas like the plague unless you want to get pickpocketed / mugged / phone snatched (last stga do i had there 7 out of 10 lost something on the ramblas)

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Park Guell, Casa Battlo, Light show and cocktails at La Padrera, Meal on top of Arena Espanya followed by the magic fountain. There’s load of ‘off the tourist track’ type stuff to do, but **** it, if it’s your first time, do the tourist stuff, it’s soooo popular for a reason, the place is amazing,

If you find the Bar del Pi, have an Estrella for me!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What to see/do/eat/drink in Barcelona?’ is closed to new replies.