• This topic has 108 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • What to get the girlfriend as she's going to uni?
  • binners

Look at it positively. You're the winner in the long run. She'll be far more experienced, and therefore better at it, when she gets back

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Awww all those filthy blokes! Wouldnt expect anything less though 🙂
    I would recommend some stationary, useful, but you want to go for something pretty.
    Try SUKIE they make some lovely stuff. I have one of the letter writing sets and when my hubby was working overseas I sent some love letters to him.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

love letters!

she's 19. Probably never hand written more than a single sentence.

a pack of A4 inkjet paper so she can print out LOLZ would be more useful.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Binners – that took me back – the old Bucking Bronco postion………

take your (new) lover from behind – when they say how good it is simply state 'yes, but the ex was better' and hold on tight……. 😀

i know, i know – door's that way >>>>

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Its a shame that the art of letter writing is perhaps a thing of the past. Its pretty soul destroying just having bills and junk through the post box, when you get a card or hand written letter its a lovely feeling.
    Im 26 and like most modern ladies use email/txting, but if my husband was to leave me a love note or send a letter its much more of a turn on than a txt saying 'fncy a qk 1 2nte?', believe it or not!

CaptJon
    Free Member

For the record I could actually do with some sound recording equipment (I wont use that word again) for my field research for my MSc, as I am hoping to make both music recordings and interview people in Spanish where it will help to record in full in case of translation mistakes by myself at the time.

For research purposes a dictafone is essential. For lectures, not a fan.

Moses

Does your moby not have a "record" feature?
    My cheapo Nokia 6300 does the job fine.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

depends if you are paying someone to transcribe the recordings.

meehaja
    Free Member

Get friendly with the friends she's leaving behind… if you've got toned legs and are reasonably fit they'll be queuing up. this could be useful come late january….

BigDummy
    Free Member

a love note or … a letter [is] much more of a turn on than a txt saying 'fncy a qk 1 2nte?'

I realise where I've been going wrong. Damn.

hora
    Free Member

Having been a thoroughly dirty basterd at uni I can confirm that all you have to do is ask and its given with the average/common/most ones. The bright clued-up girls preferred my surfing, long-haired Ibiza-clubbing mate though 🙁

handyman
    Free Member

Slightly cleaner idea you could get a photo frame the sort you download pics onto and programme to change everyso often and loved marsdenmans post

theotherjonv

That's a nice idea ^^^^^^^^^

Don't get one that's too big though, so it can fit in the bedside table drawer. She won't want your mug leering at her while she's working her way through the men's first XV.

Drac

send a letter its much more of a turn on than a txt saying 'fncy a qk 1 2nte?', believe it or not!

I find a photo message works much better but always have to double check and double check again to make sure it's going to the Mrs.

kimbers

a letter may be great but with our postal network it would take weeks to arrive!

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

most female students I know (besides me) are really into their tea or coffee. I would suggest coffee making device or speciality teas (spanish hot chocolate is also good)

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

GOT IT!

pillows! i've seen the films, girls always have pillow fights in their dorm/halls

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

a girl I lived with was always wearing a dressing gown. was useful for tea/toast/hangover meals in the kitchen and other communal areas. this might help your girlfriend to turn into a bit of a slob though

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

can also be loaned out for the 'walk of shame'

davidrussell
    Free Member

a webcam.

so you can watch, you filthy beggar.

hooorah

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

a webcam.

so you we can all watch

Best one so far!

davidrussell
    Free Member

funny, its the second thing i thought of – the first was a pregnancy test kit.

kiwi_stu
    Free Member

Are you fat simon by any chance?

anagallis_arvensis

Don't get one that's too big though, so it can fit in the bedside table drawer. She won't want your mug leering at her while she's working her way through the men's first XV.

We're forgetting that many young ladies often experiment with their lesbian side at uni…. make sure its a webcam you get her!!!

hora
    Free Member

Just suprise her every so often. Be in her room waiting for her to comeback home from a night out? 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 @ kiwistu + hora!

MrNutt
    Free Member

how about a tattoo? something along the lines of:
    "I have crabs, herpes and genital warts" somewhere prominent?

Smee
    Free Member

Get her a calculator or a penknife – she'll need to keep a record of the cock end:weekend ratio somehow.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Be in her room waiting for her to comeback home from a night out?

Stalker! And christ, in halls you'd need 4 key fobs and a pass from your mother to get in!

SST
    Free Member

how about a tattoo "Property of JC" . . . .

and if she catches religion while she's there it'll still work.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Regarding letters, write her a really nice one about how good you are together, how much you'll miss her, but understand she's doing something amazing, your love will get you through it, even though she's not there you'll still be thinking of her blah blah blah etc. Then hide it in her packing someone so she finds it when she is unpacking.

hora
    Free Member

Be in her room waiting for her to comeback home from a night out?

Stalker! And christ, in halls you'd need 4 key fobs and a pass from your mother to get in!

Aye it'll work on two levels. Stalking and a bloody surprise.

Not directly linked but I was seeing a girl at Hudds Uni (I was at college at the time) and we had an open agreement. I let myself into her house one morning and walked up the stairs and softly knocked on her bedroom door and walked in. She was in bed with her boyfriend from back home. I said 'oops, I'll comeback later!' (I did) to hear softly through the door 'who the **** was that!'

Gawd she was dirty.

At Uni I knew a girl on our course that liked me and my bestmate (her longterm boyfriend used to come up and stay every weekend then Sunday evening driveback for work on a Monday morning).

To this day I dont know how she managed to stay awake or turn up for lectures.

zaskar
    Free Member

USB sticks, laptop, pens, paper-notepad and an alarm clock.

Roadtrip on dvd…

tankslapper
    Free Member

Hora

You are truly a real comfort 😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

Hora, where are the pics, mate?

DickBarton

I wouldn't get her pregnant…would be a waste of her Uni time…

hora
    Free Member

tankslapper/Hairchested. The memories are flooding back now. Alot I wont put on a forum.

😀

rolfharris
    Free Member

This is what my woman's getting when she starts at a different uni in 2 weeks-

http://www.cyclechic.co.uk/shop/satchel-pannier-p-34.html

For what it's worth, I'm waiting for the day she comes back saying she has a lesbian lover there, she certainly had enough of them at the one I'm at 🙄

BlingBling
    Free Member

Buy her a bike in your size and keep it at your place.

At least you'll still be riding that 3 months down the line.

clubber
    Free Member

So, when I was at uni, there wasn't a single long distance relationship that made it through the three or four years. Not even the ones we all thought would.

Lets put the op's mind at rest with your stories of how you or people you know made it through unscathed…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘What to get the girlfriend as she's going to uni?’ is closed to new replies.