Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What to do with primary age kids in London….?
  • boxelder

This week. We’re staying in Tooting. They’re fairly easily entertained – parks, museums and such like.
    Their Dad’s a right miserly grump though………but I’ll do my best to enjoy it.
    Any sensible ideas?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The museums for a start

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sell them and get pissed?

st66

Boat from Westminster to Greenwich

kilo

Tooting lido if the weather is ok, take them for a Sri Lankan curry in tooting

boxelder

Sell them and get pissed?

Vice versa more likely.

molgrips
    Free Member

Museum of London is good for kids. Free, quiet, and in the City so the surrounding area is deserted and peaceful at the weekends.

mogrim

Museum of London is good for kids. Free, quiet, and in the City so the surrounding area is deserted and peaceful at the weekends.

… and an absolute nightmare to find anything decent to eat as everywhere’s closed.

Kew Gardens is good with active kids, get a boat down from Westminster. Not particularly cheap, though, certainly the big museums are cheaper.

(Second thread today I’ve mentioned Kew, it’s almost like I was born there or something 🙂 )

joolsburger
    Free Member

Hampton Court Palace 20 odd mins away from Tooting down the A3 that’s a good day out with perhaps a bit of dinner on the river in Kingston or Walton.
    Barnes Wetland Centre isn’t too far away and they have Otters.
    In London central you have the usual suspects like the Natural History/Science and British Museums. I like the Museum of London and afterward a little jaunt over London Bridge to Borough Market for some eye wateringly overpriced “street” food might be enjoyable.
    Hobbledown Farm in Epsom, again a short ish say 30mins jaunt from Tooting by car but great for kids my lad loves it.
    Richmond Park is lovely for a few hours out and Richmond has lots of good lunch spots etc. Chessington WOA is not far but for me it’s like hell on earth, kids seem to like it though.

Have a look here http://kidrated.com/

Do have several curries whilst in tooting you’d be mad not to, I rate Spice Village and Mirch Masala but there’s loads.

molgrips
    Free Member

and an absolute nightmare to find anything decent to eat as everywhere’s closed

The Pret opposite is open, just don’t leave it late cos they don’t order much in on a Saturday 🙂

Or bring food.

boxelder

Thanks folks – lots of ideas.

senorj

Clapham common is lovely on a fine day.
    Imperial war museum -Lambeth.
    Walk the South Bank east from Lambeth bridge to Blackfriars bridge..Loads to see on the way..
    Transport museum – Covent Garden .
    Museum of children/child hood Bethnal green gets loads of good reports – not been there yet though…

BigDummy
    Free Member
    takisawa2

The great fire of London monument was pretty good.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

st66 – Member
    Boat from Westminster to Greenwich

A Rib boat trip is more fun IMHO

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What to do with primary age kids in London….?’ is closed to new replies.