Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What to do with old SLR?
  • footflaps

I’ve upgraded from my D80 to D7000, but what shall I do with the old D80, it’s still in perfect working order – is it worth keeping or selling?

igm

spare to take nasty mucky places where it might get wrecked, nicked etc – or I’ll look after it for you.

cp

depends what you photo and what array of lenses you have. Sometimes handy to have two bodies with a lens on each so you’re not endlessly swapping lenses. not useful if you’re just walking about though.

i’d see how much d80’s go for on ebay & decide if that’s any use for you… or if you decide it’s worth just keeping it as a spare.

meehaja
    Free Member

quite good resale value (might get you a nice lens?) Good to keep as a spare, as above for mucky places etc, also makes a nice gift as a started DSLR if you know someone who might be interested.

Plenty of interest out there for decent older DSLR’s though.

cp

ps, how do you find the d7000?

Drac

Any kids you could give it to. When I finally change my 350d I’m going to pass it onto my daughter, she’s very interested in photography.

footflaps

The D7000 gets its first real outing this WE in New York. It is quite different in terms of UI, so takes a bit of getting used to as all the buttons have moved.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What to do with old SLR?’ is closed to new replies.