Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What to do with old bits of bike ?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I've had a bit of a shed clean out today, and gone through the box of old bike stuff I've got. Basically I have got an asotment of:

3 x very warn Mavic 531 rims on a mixture XT/Deore hubs (probably between 10-15 years old

4 or 5 crank arms (not matching), mainly deore, one maybe LX (10 years old)

Set of V-brakes off a very old Kona (in various bits)

LX V Brakes (in various bits)

2 old saddles (ones that came with bikes)

The list goes on with 2 sets of slightly knackered but usable clipless pedals, stems & seat posts…

I kept it all, just in case some thing failed and needed replacing, the reality is I always updgrade or buy new.

So what to do with them? Some of it could be sold, but if I am honest I can not be bothered with the hassle of it.

Is there a biking charity that could take it, or am I best just taking to the local tip and putting in the metal recycling ?

Ta

peteimpreza

If you are based in Bristol I can give you a suggestion.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

bin them, when the rubbish gets shipped to nigeria, you will make someone very happy,

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

there are a few cycling charities that would take them off you, have a look on google and you will find a few

Edric64
    Free Member

http://www.jolerider.org/index.php/programmes/bikes4africa

These people might be able to use old bits

BigJohn

I tidied up my garage the other day. I've now got a bucket full to the top of old chains and cassettes that I kept for some reason.

I don't know whether to link all the chains together to make a 100 yard monster chain for no reason at all or take the lot down to the recycling centre.

trout
    Free Member

Send them to RO

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What to do with old bits of bike ?’ is closed to new replies.