Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What to do near Big Bike Bash in the rain
  • molgrips
    Free Member

For the family. If the weather's going to be rubbish there won't be much relaxing and playing in the sun on campsite…

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Bournemouth Air festival this weekend, although probably wont be all that great in the rain.

molgrips
    Free Member

I was hoping for indoor things 🙂

Isn't there an aquarium in Southampton somewhere?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Bournemouth Oceanarium, next to the pier. It will be really busy though as that's where the air show is.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Beaulieu, buts thats a bit dull in my opinion. Lulworth Castle?

luke
    Free Member

The beer tent is open whatever the weather 😀

How old are the kids?
    There's:
    Monkey Biz
    fishes
    splash
    splish
    tower park

luke
    Free Member

Lulworth castle other than being expensive doesn't offer a lot when its wet or dry for that matter.
    Plus your looking at the best part of an hours drive there or the tank museum.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

We had a nice day there with our 3 yr old, but agree it is a bit of a trek.

MrNutt
    Free Member

its not gonna rain!!!

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

We are arranging some light showers on Saturday morning to make the northerners feel at home (Do they prefer still or sparkling water?).

We will then have a cool Saturday for the main heats with Sunday heating up for the finals and prize giving.

Things to do at the BBB in the rain?

Beer Tent
    Craft Tent
    Food Tent
    Climbing Wall
    Canoeing (You will be wet any way)
    200M Zip wire across the lake
    Riding
    Lake Jump
    Archery

How many bl00dy options do you want to be included in the ticket price?

😉

djglover
    Free Member

Hire a one man ****ing booth

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

If I knew what the *** obliterated I could probably arrange one

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Couldn't you just wander off into the forest somewhere for that?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Huddle under an umbrella moaning?

scaredypants

I'm working Saturday; Southampton area will experience a heatwave until approx 5.15pm

molgrips
    Free Member

I personally could spend a week at BBB, but Mrs Grips and baby grips would probably get a little bored if it's wet 🙂 Baby grips is 16 months, so unfortunately a little young for many of those things.

Fish are generally a hit tho, as are swimming pool type things.

Huddle under an umbrella moaning?

Have you been to bike races with toddlers much?

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

molgrips – Fishing lake and swimming pool available. Ballon moddelling a possibility

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nick, you need to get some kip mate, your spelling is getting worse by the minute! 😉

I hope you've saved our 'tickets'? 😀

luke
    Free Member

Give the wife a map and some car keys and point her in the general direction of Southampton or Bournemouth, and come enjoy yourself.

I'm going to be setting off with the first of 2 trips ferrying in beer in the next 10 minutes 😀
    I was hoping to do it in one but the sleeping policemen have shown me that may not be a good idea 😳 let alone the tree routes when I get to the site.

The MyBreweryTap beer tent should be open from 2pm but if it's a bit later, don't shout at me.
    I think that i've catered for most requests that were made for beverages, again if I haven't managed to cater for your request don't shout at me, just order something else instead.

molgrips
    Free Member

Give the wife a map and some car keys and point her in the general direction of Southampton or Bournemouth, and come enjoy yourself.

That's the plan, largely. I don't think I'm necessarily going to be there the entire time – we've got some leisure biking to do in the forest.

Btw I see that the drag race is on at the same time as the XC.. shame, I was up for both those 🙂

juan
    Free Member

Yes give her the car keys so she can taxi me and the SO from soton/brockenhurst 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I can give you a lift mate.. although I have limited space for bikes…

juan
    Free Member

No bike jut me the GF and a big bike.
    mail me so we can swap numbers
    jfernandezcarmona[–at–]gmail[###dot###]com

luke
    Free Member

I've had to make an emergency dash to the vets for the cat, so the beer tent won't be open until 4pm.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Did you find her something fun to do during the light drizzle?

Did she leave the BBB at all?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What to do near Big Bike Bash in the rain’ is closed to new replies.