Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 176 total)
  • What to cook to impress a woman?
  • emsz
    Free Member

Chips is only ok after your both legless on the way back from the pub, they are NOT dinner.

🙄

joshvegas
    Free Member

Skip dinner and worry about breakfast.

spacemonkey

beans on toast.

I once brought a young lady back to mine for a first date feed, half expecting her to enjoy being indulged in some fine(ish) dining. Oh no. Beans on toast she opted for. Oh how my housemates ripped the pi55 in passing. I had the last laugh though as she was pure filth later that night 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

emsz – Member
    Chips is only ok after your both legless on the way back from the pub, they are NOT dinner.

It’s early days he doesn’t need to give her unrealistic expectations. What about chips and gravy?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Skip dinner and worry about breakfast.

No midnight snack?

Drac

Bloody Southerners.

emsz
    Free Member

not gravy.

northerners 🙄

joat

My wife has just told me to stop laughing. I do most of the cooking now, but it’s not how I wooed her. She’s not a very good cook, so it’s not how she wooed me either. Do a roast, but ask her if she minds making the gravy, if she gets the Bisto out she better have some other womanly skills. If on the other hand, she starts stirring flour in to the roasting dish, get down on one knee now. (I think I have failed in avoiding innuendo fodder)

_tom_
    Free Member

Steak with a red wine sauce and sweet potato fries worked well for me. And enchiladas (proper ones not old el paso kits). Both are some of her favourite meals so it may be worth asking her.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If on the other hand, she starts stirring flour in to the roasting dish, get down on one knee now.

Ah the old don’t move out of home till you find one who can cook like your mum trick….

JoeG
    Free Member
    futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Mussels in white wine.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

emsz –
    She’s a laaady
    AwoahAwoahAwoah
    She’s a laaady

OP get her pissed – then giver her chips.

jambourgie
    Free Member

grum
    Free Member

Steak with a red wine sauce and sweet potato fries worked well for me. And enchiladas

Wow she has quite an appetite!

garage-dweller

Drac – Moderator

Bloody Southerners.[/quote]
    Oi!! As someone who thinks the north starts at Guildford I am fully aware of the fact that game chips fat chips ARE dinner and may be served with a red wine jus gravy.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Shit or bust

Fugu

emsz
    Free Member

MAYO with chips. were you lot bought up by animals? 🙄 😆

cinnamon_girl

Check out the lemon curd thread – it bought someone to orgasm apparently. 😯

brakes
    Free Member

I once tried lemon curdling.
    couldn’t sit down for days.

timidwheeler

Lasagne. With a side salad, olives and garlic bread.
    Prep it all in advance, set table, pre-heat oven.
    When she arrives, great her with a nice bottle of wine and attentive company.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Of course if she reads this post you might not have to cook anything . 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Erratum

Serve the awesome chick thick cut chips in their own bowl so that you can share

maxtorque

Bangers ‘n mash if she’s a good eater (if she’s a stick insect, you might want to scale that back a bit)

But like this:

Rather than this:

Bonus points for using the most knob shaped bangers you can find… 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

If you pay my brother 500 quid, he’ll come round and cook you a Michelin start standard dinner and you can pretend you cooked it.

We think this is a fair price for you rich Audi driving upper middle class bastards.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d also suggest lots of veg

ste_t
    Free Member

Of course the way to woman’s heart is potato cooked in fat used to scoop up more fat.

chewkw
    Free Member

Just order the best Fish & Chips in the town. Warm it up in the oven before serving etc.

Then get one or two bottle of good wine not more than £5 per bottle from Co-Op and you are set to go.

For dessert just get some ice cream.

There you go plenty of time to relax over the wine later on or if you get lucky you should be shagging … make sure not to eat too much/full.

Alternatively, if you want to be complicated then you can try to cook the Chinese 3 cooked pork i.e. Hakka style pork belly and taro like this.

This is one of my favourite dish … if you can cook this properly you will have no problem pulling any girl on this earth.

Do Not let the look deceive you. If you are in Chinese restaurant try to order this and if they are a good Chinese restaurant they should have this dish.

😆

emsz
    Free Member

apart from the vegetarians, eh chewkw? 😉

honestly though, if she’s actually coming to dinner, it doesn’t really matter what’s on the table, after all she cooked a bad meal for you, it’s not like it’s the end of seeing her, right?

Although if some-one gave me heated up fish and chips, I’d have to think very carefully…. 😆

joshvegas
    Free Member

Cook exactly what she cooked but much better*

Her reaction will decide if she’s a keeper.

*don’t do this.

chewkw
    Free Member

emsz – Member

apart from the vegetarians, eh chewkw?

Vegetarians no problem I suggest cooking Indian Chana Daal with naan bread.

honestly though, if she’s actually coming to dinner, it doesn’t really matter what’s on the table, after all she cooked a bad meal for you, it’s not like it’s the end of seeing her, right?

Ya, I was once offered boiled haddock in salt and potatoes … after the dinner we stayed together for several years.

Although if some-one gave me heated up fish and chips, I’d have to think very carefully….

C’mon, Fish and Chips is the national dish … besides, what’s wrong with heating up if you order it say 20 mins before that?

emsz
    Free Member

errr limp greasy batter, slightly warmed through fish, and oven soggy chips.

yummy

chewkw
    Free Member

emsz – Member

yummy

Ok ok … no fish and chips … d’oh!

I am trying to recall my time having fish and chips with my ex … oh yes, she did not say much … d’oh! I was happy though … 😆

MrOvershoot

timidwheeler – Member

Lasagne. With a side salad, olives and garlic bread.

I married my wife on the strength of her Lasagne it was sublime.

But I didn’t get it for 2 years after marriage……

chewkw
    Free Member

MrOvershoot – Member

I married my wife on the strength of her Lasagne it was sublime.

But I didn’t get it for 2 years after marriage……

😆

So what has she been cooking and what’s her best dish?

You have been conned / trapped … 😯

joshvegas
    Free Member

As much as I love fish and chips I’m with emsz on this one.

Save that for after blustery coastal walk while you sit with your legs over the harbour wall.

Having said that I once managed to turn a spin class into a very successful cheap bottle of red and takeaway pizza* date.

So take her to a spin class then she’ll be to tired and hungry to care what you serve.

*the wine was known to be good and the pizza was stonebaked authentic style.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yummyYou are coming across as needy and high maintenance you know 😉

OP whatever you can cook an you think is your best dish then cook this

or and this is pretty radical so think carefully but ask her what she likes! Careful with this approach though as little good can come of this.

MrOvershoot

I said as much chewkw, I think the phrase was “married under false pretenses”

To be fair she did cook some super stuff in between, these days I do all the cooking as her MS means she can’t do anything. I’ve found a real love of cooking & she says I’m a much more inventive cook than her?

Though she got taken into hospital today so I’m sat here eating Red onion & sweet potato bhajia at the moment

chewkw
    Free Member

Co-op Argentina Malbec red wine is good at £4.75 😀

MrOvershoot – Member

I said as much chewkw, I think the phrase was “married under false pretenses”

To be fair she did cook some super stuff in between, these days I do all the cooking as her MS means she can’t do anything & I’ve found a real love of cooking & she says I’m a much more inventive cook than her?

I see. Good on you!

… now try cooking the Chinese 3 cooked pork for her.

This is a very authentic Chinese food not many Westerner knows but make sure she is not allergic to taro or yam as that is one important ingredients … as well as fermented tofu.
    :mrgreen:

MrOvershoot

Sorry chewkw see my edit 🙁

But I will have a go at that pork seeing as I work in Liverpool and we have a very good range of Chinese supermarkets I think any ingredients should be easy enough to get.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘What to cook to impress a woman?’ is closed to new replies.