Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • What to cook for a proper real life chef ? Friends coming for lunch…
  • doris5000

home made hummus is EVEN TASTIER THAN GROUT, Binners. I know that’s a controversial thing to say in the rural North West, but try it some time 😉

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

If someone made me beans on toast for lunch I’d be a little offended. Why not go the whole hog and give them a Ginsters from the garage ?

I would make them something you like and are confident in making, abd that you can make the night before to improve the flavour and save you trouble when they come round. That sausage casserole looks decent

binners

My culinary dream is the 16″ tandoori munchy box. As far as I’m concerned, me not being able to have this simple request filled is the most damning indictment yet of modern consumer capitalism

Why not go the whole hog and give them a Ginsters from the garage ?

Jus’ saying

😀

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

binners – Member
    My culinary dream is the 16″ tandoori munchy box. As far as I’m concerned, me not being able to have this simple request filled is the most damning indictment yet of modern consumer capitalism

Why didn’t you just go there with Mrs binners on honeymoon? It’s your own fault, you had the perfect opportunity and you wasted it with some fancy holiday.

binners

I’m thinking of coming up and seeing if I can start some kind of franchise operation South of the border.

Think of the artery-hardening opportunity….

Today? East Lancashire.

Tomorrow? THE WORLD

MUHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

The problem there binners is rule number two: don’t get high on your own supply. We all know how that ends.

slowoldman

Providing you are reasonably good at it I would go with the goulash option. Or if you can cope with doing a good roast then roast beef and Yorkshires for the English vibe.

jsync

Toad in the hole.

infidel
    Free Member

This – Jamie lamb recipe

All day cook in the oven with literally 15 mins prep. We’ve done this twice in the last month for friends as it’s so nice. I’d suggest adding twice as many lemons as his recipe

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Nobeer – no brown sauce – FAIL. The guest is a professional chef.

dannyh
    Free Member

Spaghetti Carbonara – simple, tasty, easy to make lots of. Have with some salad, fresh crunchy bread and some wine.

darkplunger
    Free Member

The Hairy Biker’s casserole is brilliant. Serve it with home made bread and lots of wine! Cheese, crackers and coffee for afters. Yum

fisha
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge:

that pic reminds me of the night before my wedding where my pals from manchester came up and were round at mine for the evening. When asked what they want for dinner, one piped up that they wanted a fish supper like what I had banged on about whilst at uni (cause the ones we got from the chippie round the corner were crap and I said ours were better).

Imagine the face of the poor stafford lad in the queue attempting to listen to the local accents say “half pizza supper pal” when he watched half a pizza get dunked in the batter and flung into the fryer … he simply could not believe it. Still make me laugh.

chewkw
    Free Member

Op cook them curry lamb/beef using Thai red or Green or massaman curry paste.

No chef in this world can call their curry the best in the world.

Nobody but nobody.

😛

p/s: I am cooking curry lamb tonight … 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

give him want he really wants! Mmm cheese Beano!

timber

Sausages is my default answer to ‘what for dinner?’.
    Either with mash, or as toad in the hole with mini roasties and roast veg to keep life simple.

rajboab
    Free Member

An easy option may be to get a some steak pies from a local award winning butcher and maybe some gravy if they do their own. Roasters in the oven with the pie. Selection of veg on the table. Trough in!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

All in a success !

Starter
    Asparagus with fried Chorizo
    &
    Beef tomato /mozzarella salad
    (warm crusty poncy bread)

Main
    Beef Sausage casserole
    Mushroom Rice
    more warm poncy crusty bread

Dessert
    Cornish ice cream
    with a poncy cheesecake (not homemade)

Must have been good as they arrived at 12pm and they didn’t leave till 11.30pm ! I made so much casserole there was enough for round two in the evening ! (two big le creuset dishes, was hoping to have it for dinner today!)

Plenty of red wine consumed by the children adults

and the bonus was a free firework display up on the Green !

Thanks for all input

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘What to cook for a proper real life chef ? Friends coming for lunch…’ is closed to new replies.