Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What to buy from Halfrauds for someone who has just got a new car?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

It’s for my dad, the first new car he has had since he retired

Needs to be practical rather than fluffy dice, etc.

Cougar

Floor mats, seat covers, leather-effect steering wheel cover, tax disc holder with a naked lady on it, chrome skull gear knob, aftermarket fog lights, bass bin.

woody2000

Boot liner, seat back tidys, tissue box holder….

joolsburger
    Free Member

Alloy pedal fronts, blue neon undercar lighting, a self adhesive mirrored window kit, a set of three spoke alloys?

Satnav, care care kit?

philconsequence
    Free Member

paint touch up kit, spare bulbs and fuses, breakdown kit (reflective jacket, warning triangle, tow rope etc)

richmtb

Autoglym Valet Kit,

Come in various guises with varying amounts of cleaning products and fancy cloths. From about £30 upwards

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Magic Tree in new car smell variety.

Maybe a tyre inflator, maplin sell good ones for less than half the price of Halfords.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Second AutoGlym

Meguires Clay bar to keep the paint tip top?

Decent quality chammy etc.

Sandwich

Baseball cap to go with joolsburgers list! To be worn backwards or with the peak off centre. 🙄

thebunk

Light up valve caps, fat exhaust pipe, stick on tinted windows, personalised windscreen sticker with his name in capital letters (or “DAD”), Hello Kitty sun visor.

Sky’s the limit.

TheFlyingOx

“Type R” badge – assuming your dad has a non-Honda Jap car.

Militant_biker

I would say Haynes manual but I guess all they say these days is ‘Take to dealer. Have them plug laptop in. Pay fortune.’

Cougar

Actually,

the first new car he has had since he retired

Given my experiences on the road this week I’d respectfully suggest forgetting Halfords and taking him to Specsavers to treat him there instead.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

😆

konabunny
    Free Member

reversing camera/sensors?

binners

An Apollo full susser?

gwj72
    Free Member

12volt car polisher and some wax?

project
    Free Member

Haynes manual,

Car mats, definately,

car hoover,

no smoking sign,

an old tyre so when he drives into the garage he hits the tyre and know when to stop, even the best drivers foot can slip off the clutch, savesa lot of cash for a new bumper,

Jet wash,

stevemtb
    Free Member

A Boardman. Will give him more enjoyment for his retirement!

Depends what he likes and what he has. If he likes polishing the car then good quality polishing gear, if not don’t bother.

If he washes it himself there are a lot of good quality microfibre wash clothes out there that move the grit away from the car paintwork seriously reducing the amount of swirls in the paint work. That could be good with a new car.

If he’s like my dad you can buy him all that nice new stuff and he’ll still be using the 20 year old chamois next time he washes the car as it’s still got plenty of life left!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What to buy from Halfrauds for someone who has just got a new car?’ is closed to new replies.