Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What swimming shorts for, well, swimming?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve started swimming at least once a week, but figure i could do with something better than baggy boardshorts or running shorts.
    Any recomendations for something “snug” without going for the full budgie-smuggler look. I see Wiggle has a reasonable range of Speedo trunks. The knee-length ones look daft to me, but are the “shorts” silly short?

Also, good value goggles could be handy. Any more recomendations?

freddyg
    Free Member
    seanoc
    Free Member

My speedo endurance shorts seem alright, ’bout the same length as a pair of regular ck boxers; they don’t seem to disintegrate in chlorine either.

As for goggles; I can’t wear sighs as my eye’s are too close together and quite sunken. I manage with some speedo’s though. They cost naff all so I’d be inclined to buy from a sport shop.

Hope that helps

thepurist

The swim-shorts seem to be taking over from the trad budgie-smuggler for most forms of swimming. Competitive types seem to swim in the longer versions, but the boxer length ones are fine. Ive gone the Speedo endurance route as well, used twice a week for the last 7-8 months and no sign of disintegration yet.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What swimming shorts for, well, swimming?

I think you are all being irresponsible in giving advice here. Well swimming is a dangerous sport and should not be encouraged. It’s not big and it’s not clever. There are plenty of municipal pools nearby, you would be much better off using one of those. They’ll probably be bigger too. You could do lengths instead of laps.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

took me a few moments to get you Charlie. 🙂

Speedo Endurance it is…

iainc

Speedo Endurance here too.

Goggles – i use Speedo Speed Sockets which are ace and you can get them for under £20. I wear contacts in the pool, so need to keep eyes dry. I do 2.5k to 5K a week and they never let in water.

You can get mirrored ones too 😆

benman
    Free Member

Speedo Endurance here too! Much better than flappy swim shorts, and less ‘Dad’ like than budgy smugglers.

thomthumb
    Free Member

got some boxer shape ones – they are obscene. parrot smuggling is not a good look!! 😯

binners

The boys are out of the barracks Alan

😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Speedo Aquashorts here, seems to be an increasing trend for wet suits in the pool I use…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

So, just got a pair of Speedo Endurance Shorts. Fit is good, don’t have a problem with the cycling-short style. BUT the hems on the legs are WAY too tight. I could feel my toes going numb when I tried them on (over my pants, of course).
    Certainly not “cyclist cut”. 🙁

They’ll be going back then.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What swimming shorts for, well, swimming?’ is closed to new replies.