Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • what supplements do you take and why?
  • reluctantlondoner

Supplements seem to be a divise subject on here, but I’m keen to know what regimes people have put themselves on and why?

I occasionally drink a protein mix when hungry and if i’m feeling sluggish i have berocca. that’s it, but i think i could do more – perhaps.

willber
    Free Member

One word “Craze”

ton

asprin
    tildium
    lansaprazol…….. 😉

jam-bo

do Jaffa cakes count as a supplement?

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

testosterone, hgh, equipoise….. oh supplements…none

Drac

Alcohol as I don’t produce it myself.

postierich
    Free Member

Aspirin
    Statins
    and Guinness still riding as fast as possible 😀

postierich
    Free Member

Aspirin
    Statins
    and Guinness still riding as fast as possible 😀

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Vodka
    Sailor Jerry
    Beer

I take this supplements as it’s the easiest way to deal with some of the f.tards that life throws your way

cinnamon_girl

Glucosamine sulphate, been taking this for donkeys years.

Vit C high dose.

Vid D high dose cos I was deficient.

Co-Q10.

Special drugs and my lips are sealed.

Edit: us wimminz are different. 😉

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Skol

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Do they still make that?

charliedontsurf

I eat shed loads of garlic, and green tea too.

It’s makes your body better at dealing with fat apparently…. And a bunch of other benefits too. But I find it easy to take these because I like them, and that is largely why I do it. Whole garlics go In to my soups, and I cook whole peeled cloves in a chilli beer batter.

reluctantlondoner

Great mental image of supplementing daily with Skol and Guiness.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Vid D high dose cos I was deficient.

nearly everyone is deficient in Vit D:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20710026

http://www.dh.gov.uk/health/2012/02/vitamin-d/

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Lettersandcirculars/Dearcolleagueletters/DH_132509

The RDA for vitamin D in the UK is 1/3rd of what it is in Canada, and the Canadian level is probably the correct one.

Read

for more info

Doesn’t help for depression either.

Mackem

A daily garlic pill, seems to be doing a good job of keeping colds and flu away. I teach young kids and previously seemed catch allsorts from the snivelling bundles of joy.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I occasionally drink a protein mix when hungry

Try this one… I eat food when I feel hungry 😆

cinnamon_girl

For someone who rides 2 or 3 times a week in daylight, I was very surprised that my vit d level was so low. I’ve been taking 5,000iu daily which is a high dose and my levels are now acceptable. Not top of the range though.

Edit: this supplement costs me around £10 per year.

zilog6128

and if i’m feeling sluggish i have berocca.

I had a daily Berocca a few years ago (in a vain attempt to compensate for poor diet & lack of exercise). A few months later I developed chronic backache which only went away after I read something about overdosing on vitamins and knocked the Berocca on the head. Coincidence? Dunno, but I try to get as much of my vitamins/minerals from real food these days.

That said, I do supplement with fish oil every day (for the omega 3) and vit D in the gloomy months. I also use a protein supplement after weight training (although I wouldn’t argue that this was essential).

Drac

A daily garlic pill, seems to be doing a good job of keeping colds and flu away. I teach young kids and previously seemed catch allsorts from the snivelling bundles of joy.

Once you’ve been working with the public for awhile you build up a nice immunity. When we get new staff they spend half their time with colds and bugs.

beefheart
    Free Member

Ready Brek because it’s fortified with B vitamins, but mostly because it turns my pee green.

Macavity
    Free Member
    Kryton57

This weekend, (cough) Multibonta probiotics, creatine, (cough, cough) berocca, fresh honey & lemon (cough).

Is it safe to ride a sportive on day nurse? 😐

_tom_
    Free Member

Magnesium because I’m on a keto diet and apparently you lose a lot of it when you’re not eating carbs. And a multi vitamin with cod liver oil. Sometimes have a vanilla protein shake after a workout, or just as a snack because its delicious 🙂

pingu66
    Free Member

Used to take Vitamin B12 for fatigue

Take cod liver oil for vitamin D

stufive
    Free Member

A multi vit and omega 3 dunno why realy

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cider. I had just a cloudy pint of “traditional” for lunch Today and i rode like Steve Peat with his pants on fire for the next hour. I think it’s a combo of sugars and uninhibited recklessness it induces.

dabble
    Free Member

glucosamine sulphate, been on it about 3 years, I had bad cartilage in my knees, I reckon this has helped.
    protein shake after gym.
    multi vit, omega 3, vit d and calcium pills in the morning.

sc-xc

Have a shake every morning after the gym. At the moment, using Sci-Mx OmniMx. Chuck a banana in with a dollop of peanut butter and a handful of oats – it’s breakfast as well.

Tend to have a shake mid afternoon as well.

I don’t eat meat, and while my diet is very good – this is an efficient, tasty way of getting protein in.

wallop

Real ale, red wine, and the occasional square of dark chocolate.

dabble
    Free Member

That radio programme is interesting, although the panorama docu came out just before the gov’t put VAT on sports supps so I think they over demonised them so the genral public wouldn’t be fussed when they did put the tax on, so I think that professor is a bit of a berk and took his views wi a handfull of salt. They did the same thing with gregs, going on about sausage rolls being “gregs dummys” and they were partly responsible for the obesity epidemic, when they wanted to put on the pasty tax but too many people complained and it was overturned. More recently its been fizzy pop, yeah everyone knows its not the best thing for you but putting a tax on it is ridiculous. Just the gov’t trying to claw money back from folk, rather than actually getting the brass they’re owed off companies and folk who can afford it.
    Rambling rant done.

darrell
    Free Member

i eat a well balanced diet, am healthy and dont listen to snake oil bullsh1t. Why the frak should I take any supplements?

but in keeping with the above

Beer and wine do make me feel better and relaxed.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Panorama OMG. Life too short to watch that sort of alarmist drivel.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I have cod liver oil capsules in winter – it helps stop my hands splitting open, which is nice.

I take a multivitamin with iron which turns my poo a pleasing shade of black. Guinness isn’t allowed at work.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘what supplements do you take and why?’ is closed to new replies.