Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • what summer tyres?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

I’m wanting to get some low profile tyres for the summer. not wanting semi slick but wanting something fast for the summer months (assuming we get somethis year). To be used in events and around local trails of the east midlands so no need to be cabable of coping with rocky terrain or anything like that.

what can you guys recommend?

Nobby

So far I’m impressed with Maxxis Cross Mark 2.1’s (L.U.S.T.) which have coped with everything apart from wet roots in the p***ing rain.

onandon
    Free Member
    mtbgirl
    Free Member

I’ve changed from High Rollers to Mountain Kings – they seem to have pretty good traction but are faster

TinMan
    Free Member

Swampthing?

swoosh
    Free Member

yeah was thinking crossmarks too.

anyone tried the Kenda Cortez or Karma tyres? or Michelin XC Dry 2s?

mudpup
    Free Member

Try a Kenda Dred Tred 2.1

swoosh
    Free Member

trust you to recommend Kenda Jon! have yo tried the Dred Tred? whats it like round epping forest? we must ride next time i come down.
    Rich

njee20
    Free Member

Racing Ralphs

sq225917
    Free Member

Bontrager Big Earl wets and run um until there’s no centre left.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Hutchinson Python. Maxxis High Roller or Ignitor. Panaracer Razer. Probably in that order!

Pauly

Lightweight = Nobby Nic front, Racing Ralph rear. Perfect for summer trails.
    Hardcore = 2.35 High Roller front, 2.1 Larsen TT rear.

RepacK
    Free Member

High Roller semi-slicks :mrgreen:

MrOvershoot

Right on cue, someone mentions summer tyres and I need to put a waterproof on for my ride this afternoon 🙄

thefallguy
    Free Member

specialized captains here, fast rolling, cheapish £22 or less, gives good cornering bite, 2.0’s blow up to a reasonable size compared to maxis/schwalbe, 540g so not too heavy either. ok in mud too which is a must for our summers.

AndyRT
    Free Member

kenda small block 8

right now: scuba gear and trail rakers!

zaskar
    Free Member

Summer tyres? which country are you posting from? :mrgreen:

KINGTUT
    Free Member

on and on, the vulpine is a great rear tyre, but I’d recommend a Nanoraptor up front unless you live somewhere very very dry and dusty.

onandon
    Free Member

cheers kingtut

its my 1st try with that brand so thats handy to know .

zaskar
    Free Member

I found Nanoraptors rolled well on tarmac too on the way to the trail.

But they wear quick.

I found WTB ExiWolf Race Tyres have a similar pattern but larger knobblies if it rains/muddy and when worn looks exactly like the nano.

Anyone used Larsons TT?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I used a Panaracer razer on the back last year and it was surprisingly good at SSUK in the wet when it was new. By the end of the summer it was a bit slidy on the grass though. Fast too.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘what summer tyres?’ is closed to new replies.