• This topic has 52 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by kevj.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • What subject or mechanical item are you nerdish about
  • Scamper
    Free Member

Mark 1 MX5’s 😳

NZCol

Cryptography

molgrips
    Free Member

ISOWNMGIUKOE KFOEOI DKDKOWKCJWALFJ FJLK APEIVFIV, NZCol.

scaredypants

E39 cooling systems – recent fascination for this 🙁
    mostly though I’m a lover, not a fighter non-nerdy person

I’m our office’s MS Office and PCs generally expert which is a scathing indictment of the standard generally

schmiken

Bikes and weight-weenieism, and Maths.

SaxonRider

Most things, really. I’m one of those people that says, ‘actually…’ even when I’m drunk, as I can’t stand hearing inaccuracies uttered by people.

But if I had to narrow it down, I would have to say medievalia, military aircraft from the beginning of WWII to the 1990s, and 1970s ice hockey.

Harry_the_Spider

Just recently… Scalextric

bikebouy
    Free Member

kevj
    Free Member

@ Haze,

I was lucky enough to work with a guy who had years of experience programming. He was involved with a company who developed it do far that telesales operators entered a number of dimensional perameters and the code produced both full 3d drawings, a stock list and a cutting list for the workshop.
    I can recommend various forums but most importantly a getting snippets of existing code and learn from it. I have yet to delve into vb (not had the need as I have moved on a bit) but apparently it is very usable.
    Also, Google for diesel strings and diesel bible. Old school stuff but effective.

_tom_
    Free Member

Music.

This for me as well I guess. And I used to be really geeky with my guitars and effects/amps but recently I can’t really be arsed, rather just play them. At the minute I’m more interested in recording and production, trying to get my music sounding as pro as I can with my limited gear.

oddjob
    Free Member

Bikes, pocket knives and tunnels ( I was a mining engineer at some point)

Haze

Cheers Kevj,

I learnt little bits of vb from fishing around forums, but got about as far as I thought I could without some specific guidance and/or dedicating a lot more time to it.

That was for 3d modelling and machining, I’m now in 2d work which is far more repetitive and I know there has to be some way of making life a hell of a lot easier!

I’ll sniff around for a decent lisp resource and check out the diesel stuff, ta 🙂

kevj
    Free Member

tunnels

Really? I have a fascination with tunnels, but (exceptionally geeky mode) don’t have too many others to share my geekiness with.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘What subject or mechanical item are you nerdish about’ is closed to new replies.