Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • What sort of tosser "dislikes" a kid's youtube video?
  • peabrain
    Free Member

I put a video on youtube of my youngest bunnyhopping his bike. I find it easier to put on youtube then link on Facebook.

Some lovely person has given it a thumbs down. Now the bunnyhops were fairly pathetic, and you have to watch very carefully to see the rear wheel leave the ground, but for godsake he is only 3!

<<<waits for you all to tell me I am pathetic for caring, and what do I expect when I put videos on t’internet>>>

mega
    Free Member

link please – we can correct that for you 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why are you sharing videos of your 3 year old with the planet?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I would, but I’m a ****.

BoardinBob

OP I’m guessing you haven’t spent much time reading the typical youtube comments under the videos. Grim.

jonathan
    Free Member

Yep, I need to see this – my 3 year old needs some pressure 😉

And you think a dislike is harsh? YouTube has now decided that all vids I upload won’t show up in “safe” searches. They’re all of my kids riding bikes – pretty risque stuff!

paulhaycraft

The sort of tosser you laugh at move on. It certainly hasn’t ruined his day.

fasthaggis

OP
    You are too nice and caring for the internet,leave now or it will all end in tears.
    In a few weeks time we will be reading (online) about a parent that was jailed for stalking and hunting down a person with down turned thumbs.

the-muffin-man

<<<waits for you all to tell me I am pathetic for caring, and what do I expect when I put videos on t’internet>>>

Not pathetic for caring – but yes to the 2nd part!

My daughter started posting her own Minecraft videos on YouTube last year – her very first comment was “You’re shit!”, followed by various other comments. After a little chat and a few tears she finally got that these people aren’t worth bothering about. She’s now stuck up loads more vids and ignores the negative stuff.

peabrain
    Free Member

No comments on his video yet apart from a random lady commented on one of them “Cute and fierce just like his Grandad” 😡

Luckily I’m not taking it that seriously, and luckily the three year old can’t read yet…

I’m feeling brave – watch very very carefully… 😆

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKVQdp3eNBI[/video]

And if there are any more dislikes I know it was one of you tossers!

4130s0ul
    Free Member

90% of comments on you tube are just vile bitter insults that have little or nothing to do with what has been posted.
    it’s what the evil little sh*ts do when not insulting people on COD.

if you posted the video for your family / friends enjoyment then my suggestion is ignore the comments section entirely

peabrain
    Free Member

PS Thanks for the caring replies 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Paving looks like it’s not level.

peabrain
    Free Member

Blame the cooncil for that

AlexSimon

A slight push forwards on the bars will get him an instant half-inch of air 🙂

Edit: I was going to thumbs up, but it was asking me to login and I’ve had enough of google perma-log-ins.

peabrain
    Free Member

cool, I’ll tell him

plyphon
    Free Member

Dislike.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

If my boy can get bunny hops nailed within a year (he’s 2 1/2 now, and keen as mustard on his Zooom) I will be projecting the video on the side of the houses of parliament. Bloody good work fella!! 🙂

As mega says, ‘link please’ so we can redress the balance.

EDIT, Wow I must be the slowest typer in the (STW) universe

jonathan
    Free Member

I’m glad to see that bunnyhops aren’t classified as “safe” either, so at least I’m not alone!

I’ve tended to put vids up as the kids love seeing themselves doing stuff and they like the idea that other people can see it too. They love watching Danny Macaskill and Martyn Ashton etc online – seeing themselves in the same place is great for them.

Obviously I’m also willy-waving about how great my kids are 😉

andylaightscat
    Free Member

and given the spelling of council your education too 😉
    PS. I liked the video

mega
    Free Member

Lads got the right idea!
    (well except for the pink crocs n socks which I suspect have more to do with his parents)

But OP how can you look at yourself in the mirror?! You didn’t even make it into a ‘sick edit’ with suitable tunes 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s80vHs00MDc[/video]

[not mine!]

peabrain
    Free Member

Thank you you (mostly) lovely lot. I have some lovely comments and likes 🙂

johnathan – how weird.. 😕

He is better at lifting the back wheel up if he has something to “jump” up
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdvI2HMyMRA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

peabrain
    Free Member

Red, the crocs are red, honest!

peabrain
    Free Member

And re the sick edit, erm 😳 not posting it here is all I will say…

jonathan
    Free Member

Sick edit you say? With some of the latest hot tunes?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DQrp8pUwuA[/video]

This one is verging on child abuse though…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK8Cu-5y50U[/video]

dbcooper
    Free Member

make the videos private, then only people with the link can see it, and turn off comments innit.

hatter

Fair play for the bunny hops @ age 3.

My wee man’s 2 1/2 and has been flying on his runner bike for the last 6 months to the point that he’s demanding pedals already, going to get him something for Christmas, see how that goes.

Kids on bikes are ace, trying so hard not to spoil it by being a pushy parent but so far hasn’t been necessary, he’s loving it.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Dreadful !!!!!!
    Kids never be allowed to loose or fail at anything ever
    How will there delicate minds cope????

allthepies
    Free Member

Kid needs a haircut.

jools182
    Free Member

try posting a pic of your bike/garden on here, that’s abuse 🙂

peabrain
    Free Member

johnathan – love it! Latest hot tunes indeed 😀

Tis my delicate mind I’m thinking about… and yes he always needs a haircut 😆

db – didn’t know you could do that, will investigate

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Use “Unlisted” in the privacy settings – only people with the direct link can view your videos.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

@ hatter. Ditto. I was out with my boy the other day (2 1/2) and a bigger lad came passed us on a BMX. Little Thomas looked down thoughtfully, looked back up to me with his bottom lip juddering a little and says ‘where’s my pedals?’
    He goes well on his balance bike but I think he is just physically too small to get on a bike with pedals for a little while. As you, I want to give gentle encouragement enough for him to find the joy in riding bikes in the woods without me pushing too hard.

MrsToast
    Free Member

When reading YouTube comments on your videos, this might help:

[video]http://youtu.be/uz2jbCJXkpA[/video]

loddrik
    Free Member

Far from ‘disliking’, why would anyone want to watch a video of someone else’s kids bunny hopping…

lightman
    Free Member

johnathan, it certainly is child abuse making your boy ride with his saddle THAT low!
    Its not a mtb remember, get that saddle up and he might actually be able to cycle up hills sitting down 😉

hooli

Every youtube video I have posted seems to get free gaza or racist rants, comments get disabled now.

djglover
    Free Member

hatter

He goes well on his balance bike but I think he is just physically too small to get on a bike with pedals for a little while

I thought that but then, mooching round Eurobike I spotted THESE and now I’m trying to see if I can get one over from Germany.

He’s got a little sibling on the way so anything he gets will be recycled, helps me justify getting him nice kit to the missus.

jonathan
    Free Member

lightman: I think the “from behind” view is misleading – saddle height is fine – leg dead straight with heel on the pedal. I have to stop him putting it too high – what is it with kids wanting to continually put their saddles higher?

Better angle:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/oHJwtM]Racer[/url] by Jonathan Bateman, on Flickr

Bars are too high though due to the headset mounted cable stop. Need ot get a fork mounted one, but then I’d need to recable and retape the bars too 😉

And I look forward to the vid of you riding that hill sat down 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What sort of tosser "dislikes" a kid's youtube video?’ is closed to new replies.