Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What snow? Fed up with all the snow stories
  • richmars

Nothing here in Cambs, a few miles from Ely.

headfirst
    Free Member

Ah diddums…I'm not fed up- my school is closed today, wahey! (I'm a teacher)

mattbee

That's how I felt in Portsmouth, but we've had loads!

Was out last night in the Landy towing people off Portsdown Hill for several hours then had to pick my wife (an A&E nurse) up from work as hospital was blocked; even ambulances were needing to be towed in!

I've had some fun, but standing snow today will close my business, costing me around £800. Want to come and get our snow?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

None in Poole, not even a frost this morning.

Alex

ooh we've had lots in Herefordshire which cancelled the 5:53 that I was going to have to take to London. Taking the dog out instead 🙂

Strangelove
    Free Member

Not a single flake here. I didnt even need to defrost the car this morning.
    There is some on the Purbecks and I'm hoping that will hang around untill the weekend.

devs
    Free Member

Have some of ours. Came on 16 Dec and been here ever since. The iron hard ice on the road between the ruts is 8"-12" deep now and causes at least one of my cars to keep bottoming out. It's 2 feet deep in the woods where I went for a ride last night. BUT we have got it lucky, we had to do a mad dash from a building in Inverness yesterday to avoid road closures. The owners live a few miles inland. They have 4 feet of snow. So far they have lost their garden shed and greenhouse under the weight. Their conservatory has cracked and melt water is coming in the house when it gets warm enough. Oh, and it's snowing again for a change!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Loads in Andover. Rode the long way into work this morning. Loads of fun. 😀

stumpy01

richmars – should have come to Thetford last night :wink:. It was chilly, but suprisingly grippy once past the road to the old folks home…

Only a light crust on the trails, rather than deep snow but a nice bimble nonetheless. The snow was really glistening & looked like it was diamond encrusted.

G's chain only fell off 3 times – still quicker than me though….

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Very little snow here in Fremantle.

Fookin hot. Local beaches closed due to a 4m tiger shark and a few smaller ones (3m and 2m).

Guess I'll just fire up the barby and wait for it to cool down and go for a ride along the coast tonight. *grin*

DezB
    Free Member

Waterlooville actually made the TV news. Gotta be the first time since the war!

stumpy01

aphex_2k – mate of mine emigrated to Perth about 5 or 6 yrs ago. Used to run a Kleenheat placed there but have moved onto bigger & better things.

He texted me on New Yrs eve to say they'd just watched the sun go down on the beach. Git!

I spent a day or two in Freemantle while visiting him a couple of yrs ago. Seems like a nice place; not sure about the sharks though.

Ewan
    Free Member

10cm in woking. Just measured it.

nicko74

Yup, there's been snow in London. The thing is…. so frickin what?! Snow! OMFG!! Like, totally wow! 24-hour rolling newscasts on snow!! You'd think the concept of water freezing and falling as solid precipitate was completely dependent on the existence of dark matter, the way the 'news' channels are going on about it.
    Can we get on with our lives again? One of the unfortunate side effects of being adults is that we have to look outside, say 'yay' and leave it at that, mostly.

DezB
    Free Member

Can we get on with our lives again?

Er, no. Because life involves getting in the car and driving to work and that isn't possible

One of the unfortunate side effects of being adults is that we have to look outside, say 'yay' and leave it at that, mostly

No access to a mountain bike then nicko?

richmars

stumpy01,
    Sorry I missed Thetford, I was on child care again. I'll try and get over at the weekend.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What snow? Fed up with all the snow stories’ is closed to new replies.