Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • what ski resort with other activities other than skiing over New Years day?
  • jairaj

I’m thinking of going skiing with friends during the new year period. Its pretty early on in the season so we run the risk of there not being enough snow to actually ski. So looking for recommendations for resorts where there are some other things to do other than ski.

There may be one or two kids ~7 years old to entertain. Me and some of the adults should be fine heading of on some walks to take in the view and fresh air and playing games in the bars etc but just thinking of some of the others and the kids who may need a little bit more to keep them occupied.

Another thought is to pick high resorts with glaciers (Think Duex Alps has summer skiing?) but not sure how much fun this will be skiing on crowed icy runs?

So what European resort would you pick if the chance of skiing was low?

thanks in advance, jairaj

Edukator
    Free Member

Chamonix. It’s a real town in a valley with all the things you can do in a real town and some spectacular mountains to go up whether for skiing, walking or sight seeing.

Stoner
    Free Member

Morzine / avoriaz have the Dereches and aquariaz swimming complexes. Also ice rink in Morzine plus lots of accessible walks when there’s poor snow.

TheGingerOne

I would have thought you are a bit late to be hoping to find accom for this New Year in a decent resort at a realistic price to be honest, but might be wrong.

nickjb
    Free Member

Chamonix or Morzine would fit but they’d be pretty expensive for a week of not skiing, especially that week (which will already be booked up quite a bit). I think I’d rather leave it late to book and go where the snow is.

Edukator
    Free Member

Madame says Tignes Lac. There’s ice skating, a swimming pool and skiing from the door for kids. It’s over 2000m with glacier skiing at over 3000m so you’ll be able to ski somewhere. It can be very cold over the festive season, -20°C much of the time wher we were there last. Try Maeva for flats.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘what ski resort with other activities other than skiing over New Years day?’ is closed to new replies.