Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What size Turner 5 Spot
  • giantjason
    Free Member

Looking at the Turner website and comparing geometry it appears i would fit a medium/large 5 spot. I am 5'11 and have a 32 inside leg……does this seem about right?

I have had a test ride on an Orange 5 and was in between sizes 16-18 – would this agree with the above.

I know i should get a test ride on a 5 spot but no LBs have any.

Also what size is the large 5 spot….is this a 17or 19"

Crag
    Free Member

I'm about 5'10 and on a medium with 70mm stem, fits pretty much bob on but possibly slightly small. It seems like you're right on the cusp of sizes and could probably do with a test ride.

FWIW, my friend is almost idential height and inside leg and he also rides a medium (with 100mm stem).

Horses for courses but I'd defo get a test ride before I parted with my hard earned.

Theres been a few threads on here in the past about people sizing up to a large after finding the medium was too small for them.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I'm an inbetweener on sizes too according to the Turner site at 6ft 2.5in. I took a real gamble and went for the larger size (XL)and do not regret the decision for a minute. The standover on these frames is truly massive and it fis like a glove – go by the TT length of your current frame.

Randall
    Free Member

I reckon you'll need a large(19) – they are very compact. I'm 5'10 1\2 and the large fits perfectly.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I am also 5'11 with a 32 inside leg and I have a large DW 5 Spot and it feels great, I have a 25º 70mm Oversized stem. Fantastic bike!

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Just gone from a xl horst to a xl dw, the dw has masses of standover and is a fair bit shorter in the top tube than the horst. I would go large if its a dw

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I'm 5'11, 32 inside leg – ride a large which is spot on (probably the best fitting bike I've ever had). They are super compact anyway with loads of standover. Slightly shorter TT too – which is great for us inbetweeners.

Large will be a good fit for you I reckon.

missinglink
    Free Member

i'm 6'4 and ride an XXL which is pretty much bang on. normally go for an XL sized frame but a few other local riders got 5Spots too and found that they're slightly small sized. a mate is same height as you and got a large

qcamel
    Free Member

Another 5'11, 32 inch leg here with a large and perfectly fitting 5 spot

Inzane
    Free Member

5'10" with about a 32 on a med DW spot, but I have long legs/short torso and like small bikes. I would think you would be good on a Large. As others have said, masses of standover and they are quite short frames.

Gary_C

Another, here!

5'10" 32" inseam, large dw link 5 Spot, running a 70mm stem. Fits just perfect!

🙂

Ti29er
    Free Member

I'd go for a L.
    My Flux is L and I have a 31 inside leg and I'm 5:10:5. "Normal" build.

dickie
    Free Member

5'11 here – had a large horst, medium was too small, now on a large DW Flux

toons
    Free Member

5'10.5/32 inside leg on a Med DW 5 spot.

Large felt too big for me, you need a test ride.

convert

5'11" & 33" leg on a '09 large with 0 Deg 70mm stem. I test rode a medium as that was what was available and whilst it felt fine (with a slightly longer stem than I use on my own large) I'm glad I got a large. There is only 0.6" (15mm ish) in it in top tube length but I prefer not having such a long seat post showing & there is still masses of standover. The head tube is long on a large though which means running with little stack (good thing) but you won't be able to get your bars particularly low.

dr.juggles
    Free Member

i am 6´1" and have a medium 5.5 spot which is a littlebit too cramped on longer rides.

with your size i´d go for a medium.

large has massive toptube length.

if you decide you want a medium i have a very good condition 2008 5.5 spot frame in smoke black in medium with fox rp23 shock.

was at lake garda last week with it – perfect bike for both up and down!

regards

TURNER rules

pastcaring
    Free Member

5 10 on a medium dw spot, 50mm/70mm stem

giantjason
    Free Member

thanks for the feedback guys. in the end i went for a large as i dont like feeling cramped and will prefer the longer cockpit.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Look forward to seeing pics of your build! Enjoy. 😀

lowey

Test ride mate… Dont spunk that amount of money on a frame without knowing it will fit you.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That should be spot on for you Jason. You're gonna love it, enjoy.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Test ride mate… Dont spunk that amount of money on a frame without knowing it will fit you.

I didn't take a test ride, just went with all the reviews & rider comments, best fitting bike I have ever ridden. (So Far) 😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What size Turner 5 Spot’ is closed to new replies.