• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by try5.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What size Ti 456?
  • psychle
    Free Member

I cannae pass up such an offer… a blingin free Revelation 456 to sell and offset around £350 of the £1099 cost of my long coveted Ti 456 (so around £749 nett cost, bargain-a-licious! Or am I being too hopeful?)

A little stuck on sizing, so seeking advice from current owners 😀 I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam, what would ya'll recommend? 16" or 18"?

Also, will I be able to use my spare Specialized E150 fork on this frame (better check this I guess!). Anyone using a similar fork to this?

cheers 😀

carlphillips
    Free Member

im in the same boat..!!!

my 456 steely is 16" and im the same size as you, 16" is good for chucking around and although i have a fair amountof post showing it feels good on all day xc rides too.

pikes on mine.

tang
    Free Member

ive seen revs for much cheapness here so you may not get 350. reckon the rev on the ti456 would be sweeet.

psychle
    Free Member

I think my old steel inbred was a 16", I seem to remember I was pretty happy with that…

nuke

Yeah, just sitting here thinking about that. I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam…personally I'm thinking 18" although I do ride a 16" Inbred at the moment but thats with a 90mm stem and 25mm layback seatpost. The eff TT on the 456 is very slightly shorter than standard Inbred geometry so 18" makes sense by my logic 😕

psychle
    Free Member

Ooops, tell a lie, I'm actually 5'8" (172cm)… so thinking definitely a 16" frame, though the stem on the E150 is 70mm (I think)

psychle
    Free Member

ive seen revs for much cheapness here so you may not get 350

ah, fair enough… maybe 300 squid then… still a good deal 😀

Now… shoud I get blast graphics or not… decisions decisions 🙄

tang
    Free Member

its a great offer, if you go for it mail me about the forks as i may take them off you(unless ive gone for the full offer myself!)

psychle
    Free Member

shall do mate… just need to hear back from On-one about whether the E150 will be OK on the 456. Stay tuned 😀

jonb
    Free Member

I'm the same size as you and I went for the 18". It's perfect. Bet that helps.

Look at the geometry. IIRC There isn't much difference in the sizes. You get an extra 1/2" on the toptube with the 18" and the standover is less (obviously) but it's still huge and means you don't need to run 2' of post.

haddock
    Free Member

I'm 5'10" and ride a 16, if I remember right there's only half an inch (or was it a whole one) difference in ETT.

stoney
    Free Member

I am 5` 10", 34 inseem….mines a 16" and an 80mm stem. Plenty of seat post but when dropped it feels like a BMX, the seat is right out of the way.

terrahawk
    Free Member

5'9" here and I've got an 18" (with 140mm Pikes). Fits me great – no problems with standover however I do like my bikes to be on the long side.

psychle
    Free Member

Yep, just half an inch… I've realised that my imperial to metric conversion was a tad out, I'm 172cm so that makes me 5'8" right? Thinking a 16" is the way to go… plus, I like the flame graphics 😀

haddock
    Free Member

buy it now buy it now, buy it!!! hava another beer, dont tell the missus buy it buy it 😈

psychle
    Free Member

ha ha… are you watching me on a spy camera somewhere?? 😀

haddock
    Free Member

Ha, I had one pint to many down the local with my missus, then went on line to show her 'this frame'…woke the next morning 'er did I buy a ti frame on the computer last night?' :mrgreen:

Ti29er
    Free Member

I have the bigger brother, the Ti29er.
    I ride the 18 and I'm 5:10.5 with an inside leg of 31 in trews.
    Hope that helps.

ChrisS
    Free Member

I'm 6' 1" with short legs (33" inseam) and I ride an 18" on-one 29er which is perfect. I was debating between the 18" and the 20" ti 456, I even emailed Brant and his response was words to the effect of "if you are going to ride it the way it was designed for go for the 18" " So that's what I've done. Haven't ridden it yet, gonna start building it up this afternoon, but I think it makes sense to go for a smaller, more chuckable frame on this kind of bike.

Keva
    Free Member

I'm 5'4" with a 30in inside leg and ride a 16in Ti456… they're not 'that' big.

here's a few pics of me on mine…

Kev

try5
    Free Member

get an 18"

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What size Ti 456?’ is closed to new replies.