Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What size Stanton Slackline
  • Gunz
    Free Member

I’m just about to press the button on a frame but wanted to get some opinion on frame size. I’m 5′ 10” with 32” inside leg and the last time I bought a frame (about 10 years ago) I went for a 17” Cove Handjob).
    My riding is mostly Dartmoor and trail centres with a couple of 12 hour solos per year. So, I’m not sure whether to go for 16.5” or 18”, although I’m not after a chuckable jump bike so the larger one is ahead at the moment.
    Advice/thoughts please.

Scamper
    Free Member

Don’t know about the latest versions (don’t they have long and short top tube options?), but on my 2015 slackline I ride a 16.5 and 5ft 8-9 and 31 inside leg. Great for messing around on but in an ideal world I reckon I’m between sizes. Give Dan at Stanton a buzz.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Always hard to give advice on sizing cos we are all different proportions ourselves.I’m 5’7″ with relatively long legs and short upper body/forward reach and feel like my 16.5. MK2 Slackline with a 40mm stem is a really good fit for me.
    So I’d say if you have decent forward reach torso/arm length and not a T REX style geo like myself – definitely go for the 18.

It’s fantastic bike by the way too,love mine.

dingleberry
    Free Member

Same height and inside leg as you – I’ve just got a Switchback in 18″ long, which feels great. Looking at the geo, If I was going for a Slackline it’d definitely be the 18″. Would probably even prefer the length of the 19.5″ if the seat tube was a bit shorter.

Gunz
    Free Member

Thanks all, really useful advice, much appreciated.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’d go 18 too.

The new Slackline is a lovely bike to ride – Dan lent me one for two weeks and I was massively impressed with it. The 853 tubeset is very good (a friend has a steel Sherpa and is very very happy with it, even after two Ti frames).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What size Stanton Slackline’ is closed to new replies.