Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What size soul.
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

Cotic Soul owners, what size are you riding and how do you find it? I’m
    5’8″ so particularly interested if anyone’s about the same height. Cheers 🙂

andysblacksoul
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” with a 31″ inside leg… I ride a medium with 50mm stem, a 20mm layback post and 685mmm mid rise bars…

depends what sort of riding you want as to how you set it up, mine’s just right for trail/singletrack, but maybe a bit short for xc

Try mailing Cy at Cotic, he’s very helpful with advice on sizing

HTH

blahblahblah
    Free Member

5’8″ here, 30″ inside leg. I ride a small soul with 260mm of seat post showing and a 70mm stem.

To be honest you are so in between frame sizes both small and medium would be a ‘good’ fit IMHO. I bought my small because I wanted something chuckable + jumpable, at the expense of all day comfort and climbing ability. The small is quite long, so I don’t ever feel cramped but it is a fairly upright riding position. I run a low front end to try and balance things – low rise bar and only a couple of headset spacers. If I were to want better climbing then I know I would probably benefit from a medium size frame to help me get more weight over the front wheel.

Where abouts are you based. Any chance you could get a sit on someone’s soul before you buy?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If you have long legs get a 16″, long arms and torso get a 17.5″

You want to be running a fairly short stem on it I’d say.

Haze

5’7″ on a small Simple, it’s perfect.

metalheart
    Free Member

A touch under 6′ on a medium with 70mm stem and layback seat pin.

It feels kind of at it’s max. I was swithering over the size but cy was pretty emphatic about going medium so in the end I trusted him. Bought without even seeing one in the metal beforehand so completely on trust but I’m glad I did too.

So email or phone Cotic and see what they say. After all they have a vested interest in getting you fitted right.

mboy
    Free Member

5ft10 and a bit here. I had a small BFe that I bought cos I wanted something small and chuckable for messing about on. Fitted a 50mm stem to it, and to be honest it felt too short for me, even though I’ve got quite long legs and a short torso.

If you’re after all day ride comfort, I’d get the medium for definite. That said, there’s only 12mm or so difference in the TT lengths, which is only a stem change!

saladdodger
    Free Member

5’8″ with a 30″ inside leg I have both a medium Cen soul and a medium simple riser bars and a 70mm stem

they are both ACE

Northwind

I’m 5’10 and had a medium Soul and a small BFe… Both felt fine, the Soul was a perfect fit and the BFe was a good fit. If I was you I think I’d be looking at a small but it’s not a foregone conclusion.

bobster
    Free Member

5’8″ 32″ inside leg. On the cusp and could go either way, settled on a medium and love it. 70mm stem.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

5 10 with 31 inside leg.

Medium with 65mm stem seems fine so far.

imnotverygood

5’8″ with 30″ leg. Small Soul with 70mm stem. Works for me.

mattjg
    Free Member

5’8″ 32″ inside leg. On the cusp and could go either way, settled on a medium and love it. 70mm stem.

same dimensions as above, small frame, 90mm stem, 240mm of seatpost. It’s highly chuckable, agile and nimble.

OP: it’s a tough call, but I think there is no ‘wrong’ decision, try both if you can. You’re welcome to a go on mine, I’m in Surrey. Mail hint in profile.

ps consider 170mm cranks, it makes no sense for someone our height to be rising the same cranks as the 6 foot-ers

mattjg
    Free Member

That said, there’s only 12mm or so difference in the TT lengths, which is only a stem change!

wise words

dont get hung up on it, we’re on the cusp so it’s good either way

perhaps consider what you do most: day long mile eating epics? or twisty turny uppy downy singletrack?

thorpie
    Free Member

Just under 5’8” and I ride a medium Soul, inline seatpost and short stem.

Trevor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What size soul.’ is closed to new replies.