Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What Size Orange 5
  • boloclips
    Free Member

Hi, I am going to buy an Orange 5 Black and Gold tomorrow. is ther any one who can advise me on what size i need??
    I am 6ft tall with an inside leg of 81.5cm. i currentley ride a medium Giant Trance x4 and find it ok to ride but the seat is up to max and i could do with it up a little heigher.
    I will be using the orange for everything including rinding to work so i need to be comfortable with the size. and really dont want to make a mistake.
    Cheers

nmdbase
    Free Member

18″

matt_outandabout

I had 18″ Sub5, 18″ ST4 and ridden 18″ Five’s – I am 6′ and 33″ inside leg. As you say, post is on max, but keeps it nippy. I felt on the large that I was on a ‘big’ bike – drop offs and corners were not so zippy – but it was a nice stretch for cruising all day…

jam_bo
    Free Member

Your buying one without a test ride?

skywalker
    Free Member

I am 5’11” with an 80cm inside leg and ride a 17″ with a 55mm stem. I have 5 inches of seat post (400mm) before minimum insert.

I recon you could get away with a 17″ easily, and they look better.

boloclips
    Free Member

Yes i am buying one without a test ride i can only find 18″ local to me and dont really like the bloke who owns the shop. I have sat on it and feels ok but really want to try a 20″ but ive got cash burning a hole in my pocket.

skywalker
    Free Member

You will only have just over 3/4 inch standover on a 20″, and they are mega long.

Your inside leg is 32 inches, the standover of a 20″ is 31.14″

boloclips
    Free Member

Cheers for the advise everyone.. looks like it will be an 18″ then.

21dwb
    Free Member

I’d go at the most 18 but maybe a 17 and i’m 6ft 1inch

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What Size Orange 5’ is closed to new replies.