Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What size hope hub for specialized pitch pro 2008
  • giddyrob
    Free Member

Hi,

replacing my rear hub, but not 100% sure which one I need? I know it wants to be red, but there are variations in the drop down list.

Currently looking on Wiggle so could someone tell me which option I need to go for ?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/hope-pro2-evo-mtb-rear-hub-2013/

Cheers

Rob

ratherbeintobago

What rear hub is on the bike already? Almost certainly needs 135mm QR.

chriswilk
    Free Member

yes, 135mm QR for the Pitch.

sv

Yep 135 but go for the 135 x 10mm either 10mm QR or bolt up (or DT RWS 10mm).

giddyrob
    Free Member

it’s quick release at the mo so the 135mm qr should do the trick no?

Cheers

sv

10mm is stiffer and if you are getting a new hub you may as well spend the extra £8:Superstar link

giddyrob
    Free Member

so the 10mm is the diameter and the qr is the thinner quick release?

sv

Your standard QR skewer is about 5mm thick and passes through a 10mm axle. The 10mm QR is 10mm thick and passes through adaptors/axle that have an internal diameter of 10mm. Not sure on the new Pro2 EVO but the older Pro2 needed a conversion kit to make them 10mm. The new Pro2 EVO ‘might’ just need new end adaptors (change QR to 10mm).

giddyrob
    Free Member

Cool… so the 135mm 10mm should be ok on the pitch as long as I get a new skewer (10mm), like the one you linked to.

Sorry about sounding stupid on this one… first time I’ve looked into this and don’t want to get the wrong one and have to send it back 🙂

Cheers

sv

The best thing to do is email/phone Hope (or ask one of their dealers) as I am not 100% on the new Evo hubs. Doesnt look like they come as 10mm QR straight from Hope.

giddyrob
    Free Member

ok, thanks.

I guess that means they only do the 5mm QR. That should work though no? Just not as stiff.

giddyrob
    Free Member

ha, now I need to work out how many holes… guess I could count them tonight or does anyone know?

xiphon
    Free Member

Pro2 135×12 plus adapter axle ( http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sun-ringle-rear-conversion-axle-2013/rp-prod65450 )

Very stiff, 12mm most of the way the way, apart from around the dropouts.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What size hope hub for specialized pitch pro 2008’ is closed to new replies.