Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What should I get for my birthday?
  • clubber
    Free Member

I know it seems like a bit of a silly question – I should know, shouldn’t I?

People are asking as it’s a couple of weeks away and I can’t really think of much – I’m not going to be getting a new bike or the like as it’s things in the region of £50-£100. I’m essentially pretty happy with my bikes, I’ve got all the kit I need, I guess I could get some ‘normal’ clothes but I always find that a bit boring. Not really into buying films/music/DVDs and I already have more booze than I can comfortably get though without a visit to A&E…

About all I can come up with is a new helmet since my current one is a couple of year old and being tall, I have a tendency to knock it on low hanging trees (and satellites). I already have a ST mag subsription BTW.

So, over to the STW fount of all knowledge and suggestion!

(yes, I know in these times, it might sound a bit OTT but I keep getting asked and I honestly don’t know what to say)

j_me
    Free Member
    foxyrider
    Free Member

Get a years supply of Colostrum for your bouts of intense training 😉

Edit: I just got the 661 recon helmet and very pleased with it for £50

clubber
    Free Member

funny, I was thinking along those lines but I don’t think that the family would really be all that keen…

(on the Donkey – not the colostrum – that’s just silly 😉 )

foxyrider
    Free Member

What about winter cycling clothes given we have got to -4 here in Devon already this year?

carbon337
    Free Member

jump training course or something like that which involves a day out.

clubber
    Free Member

Already got. Been cycling for years so got all the kit I need really (or as my wife would say, far more than I need…)

clubber
    Free Member

ooh! Skills course – THAT’s a good idea! could do with that 🙂

wwaswas

agree with skillz course – I think it’s likely to be the next upgrade I buy…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

At the risk of sounding practical, how about an evening/day of baby sitting to go and do as you please for a bit?

IanMunro
    Free Member

A pack of 10 power balance holograms.
    Only £59.99!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don’t think you deserve anything, as you haven’t been good enough, quite frankly.

Sorry, but there it is.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Wow – what great value for money that hologram kit is. I have just ordered one!

clubber
    Free Member

S’ok Fred – I wasn’t expecting a present from you 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get your thinking cap on Clubber, can take a while but you’ll come up with something.

clubber
    Free Member

Maybe I could get a thinking cap for my birthday.

marc
    Free Member

Cake?

Cards?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

S’ok Fred – I wasn’t expecting a present from you

Good cos you’re not getting one. So nerr.

poppa
    Free Member

If you can’t think of anything you obviously have too much stuff. Adopt/sponsor a maltreated donkey or something.

clubber
    Free Member

I could argue that I have just the right amount of stuff 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

So if you sponsor one of these donkeys, what does it do?

I’d be looking for value for my £5.

poppa
    Free Member

It eats and poops and goes ‘Hee-haw’, and you get a sense of enormous well being.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

My experiance of suggesting the ‘adopt a donkey’, ‘protect a scrap of woodland’ kind of things, is people ignore you, then buy you cheap plastic tat from china which you don’t want anyway.

… so the only thing I can suggest, is they buy you loads of beer and food, so you can throw a big party for all your LVIS buddies … then we can all go to A&E together 😉

rob2
    Free Member

adopt a donkey to do a skills course.

last year rather than buy a present my sister donated the money she would have spent on my wife’s xmas present to a charity to build wells in africa.

My wife was f&ing livid.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

My wife was f&ing livid.

I shouldn’t laugh, but I’m afraid I did. 😳

Does that make me a bad person?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What should I get for my birthday?’ is closed to new replies.