Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What should I do with a wasps nest ?
  • DaveGr
    Free Member

Just noticed that I have a wasps nests behind the guttering on the corner of the house – can't see it from inside the attic. They've not caused any problem in the house or afaik to anyone outside. Only noticed 'cos they're flying in/out.

First thougth was to kill them all !!! But then read up a bit and thought it's coming to the end of the season and they're going to die off soon. The Queen will hibernate and next year the nest won't be used. So maybe leave them be.

Any thoughts…..

monotokpoint
    Free Member

cover yourself in jam

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Start a fire in your attic and smoke them out

speaker2animals

Position sounds awkward. You can/could get smoke bombs and powders from places like B&Q. Work in my experince and some kill off the lavae as well. Otherwise it sounds like a professional job situated where it is.

Best of luck!

retro83
    Free Member

Seduce the queen and recruit a wasp army to ruin your enemies barbeques

DaveGr
    Free Member

Seduce the queen and recruit a wasp army

If only my seduction technique was that good 🙁 Think the best way to attract the Queen would be to cover myself in home made jam …..

Don't fancy tackling the nest myself so if they've got to go I'll be calling the professionals.

uplink
    Free Member

They should all be dead any time around now anyway

snowslave

unless you drive a wooden stake through a wasp's heart it becomes a zombie. The undead wasps are not to be trifled with.

mtbfix

If they are outside and not causing a nuisance I'd follow previous advice and let the coming cold weather do its worst.

radoggair
    Free Member

dress up as a bumble bee and infiltrate their house, pin queeny up against a wall and give her some honey loving, then fly far away

warton
    Free Member

climb up to it on unstable ladders and poke it with a big stick

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What should I do with a wasps nest ?’ is closed to new replies.