Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • What shoes for mountain biking in flats (calling people from scotland).
  • ChristoGinger
    Free Member

second the shimano am40's. To add they also have the lace cover which stops water getting in and are a better practical "normal" cycling shoe as opposed to skate styled. You get a plastic insert which sticks to the insole to stiffen it up slightly while retaining the feel of the pedal. which i think you loose through hiking shoes and the like. they're very good. I'm going to get a second pair for when I kill the current ones

joemarshall
    Free Member

I think once you get used to Vans, you gain a certain amount of skill in wandering around with them on in places where they are not suitable. I've climbed up Scottish Munros in my vans, up Snowdon, hacked my way up Jacobs Ladder when it was under sheet ice and snow. You just have to be slightly careful on slippy stuff. They are fine on rocks.

It depends on the balance between walking & riding, but if I was planning to spend more time riding than walking, I'd just take Vans (or some other skate shoe that you can pick up cheap on the net).

Joe

juan
    Free Member

Why does she have to use flats?

Well if you can convince her to ride in SPD… She's just started (I think we only got out about 2 dozens of time) so at the moment I have no intention to bully her into spd's. I am not sure running shoes are the best for gripping to the pedals. As ash said, if I want to get her out of the flat (see what I have done here 😉 ) to the great outdoors, this will involve a bit of pushing. Obviously not in the mud/wet (first she just won't ride in the wet, second we actually don't get much of that)but still some bike hiking may be in order.
    Anyway everyone, thanks for your help 😀

Ash It's on my diary drop me a line (like really a line) and we'll go and ride together 😀

Cheerio

oxnop
    Free Member

95% of the time i'm a SPD'er but have some AM40's for when i'm playing about on the bike – They are super grippy / reasonably weather proof & have the ankle protector.

Id say get some AM40's

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What shoes for mountain biking in flats (calling people from scotland).’ is closed to new replies.