Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What shoes for enduro to go with nukeproof horizon pedals?
  • cookci
    Free Member

Just bought some nukeproof horizon CS pedals and seeing almost no benefit with my current shoes.

I like the look of the shimano AM9 but i really don’t want blue shoes!

any suggestions?

honourablegeorge

Giro Terraduro mid looks similar (better)

stewartc
    Free Member

Have a pair of Mavix Crossmax and Specialized 2FO clips, was running some Shimano ME7’s prior to that without any problems as well.
    Tend to ramp the pins well in, really just wanted the extra pedal size over my earlier XT Trails.

orena45

I’ll throw the Pearl Izumi X-Alp Launch II into the mix as well.

dragon
    Free Member

I like the look of the Shimano AM9 but i really don’t want blue shoes!

For 2018 they are grey with blue highlights. If you want black then look at the AM5.

Mavic have some interesting options for 2018, like the XA Elite that borrows some tech from their parent company Salomon, which might be a plus if you like Salmon offroad trainers.

chrismac

Ive gone for FiveTen’s with mine

cookci
    Free Member

I like the pearls! I assume the base is rubbery rather than plasic?

orena45

I like the pearls! I assume the base is rubbery rather than plasic?

It is rubbery though not 5.10/Vibram levels of super soft grip. The official description mentions ‘carbon rubber’ which to me gives the impression of it being hard, but it’s grippy enough on rocks. Not the chunkiest of tread so if you need to push up soft mud climbs regularly, you might want something with a meatier tread.

lyrikal
    Free Member

I have both the giro terraduro and 510 kestrel that I use with those pedals. I’d say both are equally good when clipped in and pedalling.

The kestrels perhaps grip the pedal better for those clipped out butt clinching moments and I’d say that’s probably true of any flat sole show with pedals like these.

The terraduro are better for pushing up muddy trails though but that’s probably only relevant to the old timers amongst us who remember the times before uplifts

cookci
    Free Member

I cant remember the last time i pushed up anywhere so for me they can be a nightmare to walk in

What i would like are some shoes which grip when im not clipped in

The five ten kestrels look good but dont get amazing reviews on chainreaction

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What shoes for enduro to go with nukeproof horizon pedals?’ is closed to new replies.