Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What shock ?
  • Dales_rider
    Free Member

Last week whilst riding in France the rear shock on my 2008 Stumpy FSR
    [ Fox Triad ]
    Decided to blow all the fluid out of the rebound/lockout valve
    Any thoughts on options for replacing it, bike will take a brain shock but I built it up in 2012 to be a light 120 travel bike so used a triad.
    Cant decide new shock, brain sock or a service ?

mildred

Bos Vip’r is the best shock I’ve ever used, closely followed by a Pushed Fox. For comparison I’ve used most Fox Float/RP series, CCDB & CCDB air. I’ve never used a brain shock.

jairaj

Absolutely love my Bos Vip’r too but I could’t recommend it to anyone as Bos’s customer support is so poor. They’ve been through 3 distributors in 3 years. No idea if their home support is any better.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whats your plans for the bike? Is a long term prospect or just got a couple of years left? What are you doing with it and did the triad feel massively underperforming? I’ve used a variety of Fox RP2/3/23’s in FSR frames and all have worked well.
    Depending on your budget check ebay/calssifieds for something like that or speak to TF/Loco for their best options on new tuned to the bike (or retuning a used shock)

Dales_rider
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

Whats your plans for the bike? Is a long term prospect or just got a couple of years left? What are you doing with it and did the triad feel massively underperforming?

Mike I did a lightweight build, the frame was a crash replacement from Specialized so stuck some Rockshock forks on

and some wheels

then some brakes

Then XT 10 speed so its light and rides well mostly used for XC 12/24 hour events so its not been used that much, think it was the heat [34+] and hitting a lump with lockout till on.
    There’s a lot of life left in the bike for XC.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1st try a repair
    2nd get a recon used shick

Dales_rider
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

1st try a repair
    2nd get a recon used shick

Right repair it is, thanks

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

just got a ccdbair and it is amazing!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What shock ?’ is closed to new replies.