Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What shifters with hope tech brakes
  • douggieegee
    Free Member

Just wondering what shifters sit well with hope brakes there tech m4 mine are a little close at the mo cheers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Shiamano with windows off are ok but SRAM are better

althepal

Xt no windows and matchmaker clamps here. Perfect.

Fabdad
    Free Member

I’m running TechM4’s+Sram X9 shifters but can’t get them just right so think I’ll try some Matchmakers.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I’ve got Hope Tech M4’s with SRAM X9’s on the Hope matchmaker clamps. Absolutely perfect. Right angle, right distance, less faff, less cluttered bars – what’s not to like?

Gribs

Do match makers make that much difference to the above combo? I’ve though about them in the past but they always seemed a bit expensive for what they are.

Junkyard
    Free Member

VERY expensive for what they are I have some hopes with matchmakers and some without[SRAM shifters]

Over rated IMHO but I had no clamps and they were all I could get.

chives
    Free Member

+1 for XT shifters & Tech Evo matchmaker. Could almost do with an extra mounting hole outboard (to move the shifters outboard) to improve comfort in use if you single finger brake I reckon, but they do tidy the bars up a treat.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

+1 for XT shifters & Tech Evo matchmaker. Could almost do with an extra mounting hole outboard (to move the shifters outboard) to improve comfort in use if you single finger brake I reckon, but they do tidy the bars up a treat.

I have my brake levers quite a long way inboard as I only every single finger brake. My X9’s on the matchmaker clamp are perfect for me at the outboard end of the inboard hole – if that makes sense. There is another hole further outboard if you wanted the trigger even more towards the bar end

Paceman
    Free Member

Xt no windows and matchmaker clamps here. Perfect.

Works for me too.

mintimperial

Gripshift! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What shifters with hope tech brakes’ is closed to new replies.