Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What second hand straight steered forks for Dialled Bikes Classic PA?
  • kevster
    Free Member

Something that is around 120/130mm. Adjustable would be nice. Have a set of RS Pikes but fancy a change.

t-p26
    Free Member

Sektor U-Turns on mine

Alex

I was going to say Pikes! Mine had the old 454? Coils u-turns. Brilliant. A set of VANs dropped down to 130ish would be fun. Sectors are a good call although not sure they’d give you much more than pikes. Bit lighter may?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Pikes or TALAS or REBAS – I have all of these – not selling

My Pikes are more robust and plush but heavier

Talas are lighter and faster to adjust but hard to home service – the TALAS unit in particular

Rebas – nice if you just want to stay at 120 and you should get a set sub £100 ish

docrobster
    Free Member

I have 2010 revs on mine at 140. A pound lighter than pikes of that era. Can space to 120 internally but I wouldn’t want them ant shorter.

Alex

[url=https://flic.kr/p/38LGVa]Dialled Bike PA[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

There’s mine with pikes on. An 853 no less. No dropper, 3 chainrings 50mm+ stem. Ah they were the days!

moonboy
    Free Member

Pike 454 for me when I had mine. Bought them for pennies, got them serviced every 18 months and rode them 3 times+ a week all year round.

Yes not the last word in damping but did the job.

Now on TFMMoon’s charge skinny duster and still doing just fine.

Diminishing returns of kit etc

oh, I’ve got some 120mm rebas I’ll be selling in a month or so if you don’t need em now. (and they’re white!)

unovolo
    Free Member

Lefty Max 130 or newer lefty.
    Thats what I had on mine and it seemed to suit it, you would need the lefty4all steerer adaptor though.

grahamt1980

I put a set off marzocchi rc3 ti’s on mine. Not adjustable but feel perfect to me

kevster
    Free Member

The pikes are quite old though and whilst work fine I thught of building with a newer set. What do Marzocchi offer similar to pike/sektor/reba?

kevster
    Free Member

Moonboy – drop me an email

VanHalen

Z1 bombers on mine. Heavy but fun.

grahamt1980

44 rc3 ti’s would be your best bet. Normally about 250 quid when they come up second hand.
    Not so many about now though as people seem to be holding on to them now

P20

Check the Germans, new reba or revelations still listed with straight steerers

kevster
    Free Member

What travel are the 44’s?

eviljoe
    Free Member

130mm RLC talas on the Morning Glory….

Actually, they both need to go, as a new frame is coming that the forks don’t fit. Drop me a line if you are interested, email in profile 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What second hand straight steered forks for Dialled Bikes Classic PA?’ is closed to new replies.