Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What saddle for long rides.
  • forge197
    Free Member

My SDG Bel Air is great up to about 2hrs 30 and goes unnoticed but towards 3 – 4 hours riding it's very very uncomfortable.

So as I am doing the Kielder 100 I need to sort this out as it makes some of the miles uncomfortable.

Any thoughts on which ones to look at, I've had Fizik Gobi XM's in the past and didn't get on with those. Just looking for ideas and appreciate it's very individual.

ton

spoons are good
    spesh bg's are good too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

brooks b17 works well

slr 135 also works for 24 hours.

but ultimately thats my arse – you will really need to find your ideal saddle tbh

forge197
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the Bel Air until I started to up the ride time, will look at the above ideas. But it is so individual.

bassspine
    Free Member

go to a Trek dealer and use their buttmeter, or a spez dealer, they should have an ass-o-meter, to measure your sit bones. That's a good start. for me, spesh bg +1. But YAMV (your arse may vary) you cannot ask for other people's saddle recommendations, your arse is different to theirs.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Bassspine's not wrong. One man's comfort is another man's torture…

Kahurangi

I went through a few but found the Selle Italia shape suited me well. Yes it is individual so borrow mates' saddles, bike shop demo saddles, 2nd hand ones…

forge197
    Free Member

I think getting a proper fitting is a very good idea, will look into it.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Good advice above. The Bel Air suits my boney arse on short rides and all dayers.

jd-boy
    Free Member

Very personal thing, whats good for one is crap for another, guess its that old story of keep trying till you find the one the you get on with, for me for the last few years its been Fizik Gobi.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What saddle for long rides.’ is closed to new replies.