Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What roof mounted carrier for a marin mount vision
  • Monkey
    Free Member

My 591 doesn’t reach the down tube. Thanks

iainc

Just move the channel forward a bit by undoing the allen bolts that hold the front black mount. Fits fine then

rascal
    Free Member

I have a similar problem with my Meta – the shock mount is where the jaws naturally want to grab.
    I find deflating the shock and pulling the bike down helps – a faff admittedly but it works.

superfli
    Free Member

I had a mix of the 575 and 591 on my roof. 575 clamp vertically, making awkward frames possible

snowjunkie
    Free Member

My girlfriend has a mount vision and we had the same problem.

We use the 591.

Take off the front wheel and then move the clamp higher up near the forks.

We wrap an old towel around the bottom of the forks with a bungee cord and then tie the forks to the roof bars. This stops the forks getting rubbed by the carrier. i have tried pipe lagging but the towel works better for us.

I use a garden recycling bag for the wheel and just put it in the car with the rest.

It sounds like a faff but after a few times is quick and easy and is more secure than my bike with both wheels on.

I would send a photo but I have never taken a photo of the bikes on the car!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What roof mounted carrier for a marin mount vision’ is closed to new replies.