Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • what roadie pedals?
  • mattjg
    Free Member

SPD’s just aren’t as good as propper roadie pedals

yeah but in what way?

boblo
    Free Member

Hmmm, I have SPD’s on my touring bikes and tandems, SPD SL’s on my roadbike and eggies on my MTB’s.

I’ve done thousands upon thousands of miles on the tourer/tandems with SPD’s and even had a pair of XTR’s on my carbon roadie for a couple of months. Couldn’t really tell the difference apart from SPD SL is more buggeration to get into away from the lights.

If you have the £££’s, spend them on pukka road kit, it is nice. If not, you won’t die a horrible death just get the pi$$ taken by the roadies.

BTW, I had that last weeekend. Out on the road bike but with the MTB helmet (peak less of course) and some random fatty roadie wanabe took the pi$$. I politely told him to fek off 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

I always ride with my MTB helmet, peak on. It keeps the sun out of my eyes on bright days, and the rain on wet days. I only have 1 helmet, 4sure not buying another just for road. God I’m a style disaster!

But road’s just training for proper riding, after all.

theflatboy
    Free Member

the missus is getting me the shoes and pedals as an early bday present, it was announced yesterday. so i don’t need to use the mtb peds/shoes but probably won’t be stretching to megabucks. sounds like 105s and some reasonable priced shoes will be the outcome.

theflatboy
    Free Member

in fact, the ribble peds/shoes offer is likely to be the outcome!

theflatboy
    Free Member

and in fact was. went for shimano shoes in the end, as i’ve got on well with the mtb ones before. got shiny ones that match the bike – what have i become?!

went for the 105 pedals as well in the end, got on well with them on the short try out last night.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘what roadie pedals?’ is closed to new replies.