Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What road disc, bolt thru, mudguards eyelets frame recommendations?
  • damascus
    Free Member

I currently run a kinesis tripster road disc frame (aluminium version) as my commuter bike, I’ve run it for over 4 years and I love my tripster but Id like something lighter and quicker to make up for my lack of natural speed.

From memory my tripster weighed 1800g for the frame and 800g for the forks. XL 60cm frame.

The closest I’ve seen so far was the saracen Avro (as per mboy recommendation) about 1100g frame and 400g fork. An 1100g saving!!!

I’ve also seen the px tomac Montezuma frame, this is less roadie and more adventure bike and takes a wider tyre.

I’ve recently put dt Swiss rws skewers on my frame which stiffened up the frame and wheels massively which is why I fancy the bolt thru.

There are not many frames about with this description, I liked the look of the px RTD but they don’t take a mudguards (unless I’m mistaken)

I need it to be a commuter bike first of all but quick enough for longer rides home weather permitting.

Recommendations and reviews much appreciated

Thanks

RustySpanner

Kona Roadhouse?

Owner of the bike shop in Llanberis has one, such a good looking frame in the flesh.

Kamakazie

Is look at the new crop of gravel bikes. There are a load that offer what you are looking for. You can always seal the tyres out for something thinner.

Ben_H

Kinesis 4S Disc or Aethein sound ideal? No bolt-thru, but I can’t imagine that they’d have skimped on this if it was a big deal.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Bowman pilgrims.

damascus
    Free Member

There must be more choices out there than this.

Bump

brooess
    Free Member

Condor now do a disc Fratello. Not sure about the bolt thru bit though

Rorschach
    Free Member

Genesis Datum?

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

New Kinesis Tripster ATR V2 is bolt through 😉
    Di2 ready

madeupname
    Free Member

Slight diversion, sorry.

Is yours the Tripster ACE? Have you ever taken it off road, beyond groomed gravel tracks? Can it hack it?

The current alu tripster seems to take up to 40c tyres, and I was looking at one as a budget way of pretending I had a ti Tripster ATR like everyone else on here…

But I’d have to buy a whole one with flat bars, and swap bits to put drops on it.

damascus
    Free Member

Yes, taken it on some of the same routes as my mtb. It handles everything, I’m just slower on it and it rattles me around a bit more. Try some woodchipper bars before you change to flat bars.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What road disc, bolt thru, mudguards eyelets frame recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.