Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • what road bike for a 1.4m growing 14yo boy
  • Travis

My friends son wants a road bike, preferably with 700c wheels, so that he can still use it for some time to come.

Any suggestions (price not so much of a problem for the guy)

Thanks

Ed2001
    Free Member

Try isla bikes , Quest bikes used to do a chlid frame or kinesis do very nice small youth frames or go to someone like Bob Jackson and get a handbuilt frame not as expensive as you think. One thing I would do is get in touch with a local club as they often have someone with youth frame bike that they are trying to sell. BTW I think many will tell you that at 1.4m 650c may well be a better choice.

Travis

yeah, I agree, I think maybe a 24" wheel could be a better choice as well. I've just told my friend this

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Havn't Dawes recently started supplying kids road bikes again? Isla bikes are probably the way forward, there isn't much choice except maybe a small Giant bike.

The "old" kids Decathlon bikes wouldn't suit, if you could get a decent second hand one, the frame size is quite small and a 1.4m kid would be well on the way of growing out of one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘what road bike for a 1.4m growing 14yo boy’ is closed to new replies.