Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • what road bike for £600?
  • vdubber67
    Free Member

I know I’m pretty limited, but any recommendations / good offers out there? Only thoughts so far are getting one built up by Ribble

grumm
    Free Member

How tall are you? Buy my medium Planet X Superlight frameset. ;P

rOcKeTdOg

trek 1.5

v10
    Free Member

Ash cycles are showing Giant Defy 2.5 at £620. Would be a good buy at that.

vdubber67
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 2…

topangarider
    Free Member

Got a ribble build – very happy with it, best if you cab sit on one first tho’.

Otherwise Boardman ones seem nice. I like the look of the Bianch Via Nerone’s, should be able to hunt one of these down in your budget.

Epic
    Free Member

Shameless plug, but…

We (Epic Cycles) do the Bianchi Via Nirone with Shimano Sora & Ambrosio wheelset for £649. Or same with Shimano RS10 wheel upgrade for £719. We also do a Campagnolo Xenon version but can’t remember the price – think it’s £699. Very nice standard of finish on the Bianchi’s too:

null
    I rate this bike very highly for the money and it’s a tasty alternative to your usual Treks, Specialized’s and Giants.

On my day off tomorrow, but ask for Phil and he’ll look after you

Epic
    Free Member

Hmm? Linky bit should be:
    http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/index.htm

vdubber67
    Free Member

mmmm that Bianchi Via Nirone is v nice…!

Philby

Another vote for the Bianchi Via Nirone C2C – got a white 2008 model a couple of months back. Rides superbly and is very smooth, has a comfortable riding position – not too racy, but not too relaxed – and is eminently upgradeable. Most importantly it looks the dogs bollox, and I’ve received numerous compliments about its looks from people on more expensive bikes.

lard
    Free Member

or get one 2nd hand. I picked up a full carbon Dolan with full Dura Ace and DT wheels for 600 on the STW classifieds. Only noticeable wear was a scuffed sticker.

Done 1k miles on it and only had to clean and lube it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘what road bike for £600?’ is closed to new replies.