Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What rights for returning white goods?
  • granny_ring

Ok so I bought an Induction Hob in November for the new kitchen and was fitted just before Xmas so it’s now over 28 days since purchase.

In use straight from the off I thought the power delivery weird, in other words the power isn’t a consistent delivery it comes in pulses of full power with longer gaps in between the lower settings and not a constant supply which makes simmering sauces or anything for that matter a pain in the arse.

Not having used an induction hob before I thought it was the ‘norm’ but having yesterday seen a friends working as it should with consistent power supply from numbers 1-9 I know that mine is sh1te.

Before I email the seller to complain do I have any ‘rights’ as it’s over a month since purchase and also used?
    I thought about going along the lines of not fit for purpose.
    I’m asking here first because I had another issue with an item I bought from the same supplier at the same time and they were not obliging at all. Lesson learned…..
    TIA

martinhutch

Currys?

scotroutes

Soups and sauces too I reckon.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sweet Jesus, he’s quick.

granny_ring

No not Currys, don’t want to name them yet.

granny_ring

Boom tish 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

After a month they’ll want to try a repair, no? Also, how you pay?

Please don’t say PP Gift 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

sounds like a fault rather than it just being rubbish.

aracer
    Free Member

Bit of a stew you’re in there. Not fit for purpose doesn’t have a 28 day limit. Doesn’t sound unreasonable in the circumstances that you’ve only just determined it’s not working properly.

Arsey suppliers are another matter, but quite clearly you have rights here.

granny_ring

Yes aracer a right cassoulet 🙂
    Bought through Ebay Shop with paypal…..goods!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Cookers through eBay? You’re braver than I.

But I would ring the supplier and tell them it’s knackered, and you want it replaced….unless you’re happy with a repair? If they give you any grief, just go to Paypal.

Bosh! Wallop! Sorted!

Edit: I read the post as the you’ve used the item, rather than it being bought used.

newrobdob
    Free Member

and also used?

Are you saying it has been bought as a used item or you have just used it and it was new when you bought it?

If the former then rights are very different, if the latter is doesn’t matter if you’ve used it if it is faulty – how else would you know its faulty??

aracer
    Free Member

In a way through ebay probably makes it easier, as you just use their resolution process rather than having to rely on the trader. Bought used (if that is the case) does make things different, but not so different if bought from a trader.

ant77
    Free Member

If you’re outside of 28 days then you’ll need to use paypal instead of ebay.

Flaperon

Cheap induction hobs work like that (as in the power pulsing on and off).

granny_ring

Hob was bought new from an Ebay shop, with supposed good warranty back up….
    Cheers Flaperon, I had no idea that was the case I’d never heard of that happening. How can you tell when buying one, what do I need to look out for in terms of spec?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Whilst we’re on induction hobs has anyone seen those single ones in ikea? Could take car camping to a whole new “whyve we bothered coming away from home” level.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What rights for returning white goods?’ is closed to new replies.