Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • What ride glasses do you rock for overcast days?
  • Kamikirk
    Free Member

I always wear contacts when riding and that has never happened to me! I do wonder at the point of wearing contacts if you have to wear glasses anyway to protect them…

Hmm. Prescription glasses cost plenty and even minor scratches to the lens are a major pain if you wear your specs all the time…

Cheap riding glasses or better £3 safety specs plus disposable contacts is no pain and an inexpensive solution. It also means i make some effort to provide protection to my eyes as i can't buy replacements.

D0NK

Oh yeah just remembered, riding in spain I went passed some proper nasty bramble type stuff with Huuuuge thorns, growing on the bank at the side of the trail. One thorn scraped along one lens and then ripped into my cheek. Was pretty glad to have my sunnies on that day!

molgrips
    Free Member

Many people seem to think it's a given that eye protection (other than UV) has to be worn. I never do and I wonder how much evidence of eye injury while riding there is ?

Flies and eyes do not mix well…

Re branches whipping you in the face – do you not watch what's going on infront of you? 🙂

Brentstyle
    Free Member

Safety specs – better than a twig in the eye!

I'm sure Oakleys are good but they're too expensive to allow for care free use. Not bargainous!

trailmonkey

I always wear contacts when riding and that has never happened to me! I do wonder at the point of wearing contacts if you have to wear glasses anyway to protect them…

I have a slight astigmatism in one eye which means the lense doesn't sit absolutely flat, hence it can dislodge. Not everyone does.

The possibility also exists that it doesn't happen to you as you're not travelling quite as fast as me 😉

I don't have to wear glasses, and I can take them off when it rains or they get steamy, options I wouldn't have if I wore 'scrips.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

do you not watch what's going on infront of you?

I said it was at the side!

I have a slight astigmatism in one eye which means the lense doesn't sit absolutely flat

I have quite severe astigmatism…

The possibility also exists that it doesn't happen to you as you're not travelling quite as fast as me

almost certainly 🙂

I don't have to wear glasses, and I can take them off when it rains or they get steamy, options I wouldn't have if I wore 'scrips.

I'm not sure how this contributes to the argument – you only wear glasses because you don't have to ?

trailmonkey

no, i wear glasses because i want to, the point i'm making is that there is a point to wearing both them and contact lenses as opposed to prescription glasses.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the point i'm making is that there is a point to wearing both them and contact lenses as opposed to prescription glasses.

so you can take them off when they get wet or steamed up ??

hug
    Free Member

Rudy Project rydon with photochromic lenses, they're great all the way from sunny days to night rides

trailmonkey

so you can take them off when they get wet or steamed up ??

yes – an option i wouldn't have if i was wearing 'scrips. glad you got there in the end.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

no, I thought that was your reason for wearing them…

rondo101
    Free Member

Bolle Contours in either clear or "esp". £6 from here

trailmonkey

no, I thought that was your reason for wearing them…

the only reasons for thinking that are ;-

a) you think i am really stupid
    b) you are really stupid
    c) it's not something that you really believe in but it's a basis for futile internet arguing.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the only reasons for thinking that are ;-

a) you think i am really stupid
    b) you are really stupid
    c) it's not something that you really believe in but it's a basis for futile internet arguing.

d) I have no idea how stupid either of us may be, but I don't understand the reasoning you have stated.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘What ride glasses do you rock for overcast days?’ is closed to new replies.