Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What Rebound and Compression tune for Pitch?
  • jamiesilo
    Free Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    looking at a nice cheap rockshox kage for my 2008 Pitch but don’t know where to find what tunes original shock would have come with.

Kage available with mid comp, mid rebound…

jamiesilo
    Free Member

just give this a bump on the off chance anyone gives a crap : )

jamiesilo
    Free Member

ok, looks like a firm comp tune from bikeradar review
    but reviewer suggests changing to a “more open and fluid tune to maximise plushness” so mid comptune could be fine?

as for rebound tune, more research

this is great, i’m having a discussion with myself : )

docrobster
    Free Member

Mate of mine with a pitch put a volume reducer in his fox shock to prevent bottom out. Reckoned it improved it. Not sure if that helps you but he did say it was wallowy in it’s original tune so maybe a firm tune would be better.
    Why not contact tft or loco etc?

jamiesilo
    Free Member

thanks docrobster
    not wallowy mine. have read about that but bottom out never a problem.
    i guess i could reduce volume and the air pressure to see what it feels like. It’s achly a bit harsh, tho still not bad.
    Already pushed, and then later tuned by loco.

anyway, to cut a long story short, i just fancy giving coil a go

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I went from the normal to a high volume can, mostly to sort out the rebound. But then I’m 100kg so at the end of the normal curve.

I’d suggest getting a shock from TF or similar, may as well get a Van RC from them that works than a cheap Kage from elsewhere that then needs a tune.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

sure, i kinda agree, but i’m only considering cos i think it will be ok, can get a tune later, and is nice and cheap!

Simon

I bought Thisisnotaspoon’s Pitch.
    The RP2 on it was marked on the air can as medium compression and low rebound.
    The custom tune didn’t work for me (I’m almost 30kg lighter). Rather than another custom tune I fitted a 2nd hand RP23 with medium rebound and compression which I find to work OK.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

ok great, thanks simon.
    i’m same weight as you so sounds safe enough bet.
    i think i bought it’s original wheels : )

deanfbm
    Free Member

MM will be fine.

A pitch, it is “rising rate” with a slight fall at the end to counteract air spring progressiveness. Nothing odd, nothing special required tuning wise. Just fit the firm bump stop to mimic the air spring progressiveness.

The overall LR isn’t anything odd, (150/57=2.6), not high, not low.

Unless you’re really heavy, it’ll be great for it.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

magic, thanks dean!
    now just have to weigh up the pennies, or centimes achly

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What Rebound and Compression tune for Pitch?’ is closed to new replies.