Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What rear mudguard for 2013 Anthem 29 er 1 with dropper
  • pipiom
    Free Member

See ^^^^^

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I’m using a zefal nomud on my stumpjumper. works well and as it’s attached to the frame it doesn’t touch the wheel under full compression nor get in the way of my light. http://www.zefal.com/en/mudguards-protection/124-no-mud.html

It isn’t the nicest looking piece of plastic but what mudguard is?

slackalice
    Free Member

Have you checked out Mudhugger?

I’ve just ordered a front and rear set and expect them to arrive soon. To me they seemed worth giving a go, good reviews and whilst I’ve always used Crud products, I’ve never been entirely convinced by them.

EDIT: As I typed, the postie delivered them! They were ordered Tuesday 🙂

pipiom
    Free Member

None of the above work because the Anthem’s rear triangle is so low……..even a Defender gets hit as the suspension compresses

slackalice
    Free Member

Well, even though the Mudhugger I’ve just received is destined for my HT, I’ve just offered up the rear guard to my PYGA, with a similarly low seat stay and it fits and deals with suspension compression rather nicely. So your dismissal of the Mudhugger might be a little premature…?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Pinion, see the other post, I think the zefal 29 er one I’ve got would work. The rear stays on my covert 29 are quite low down too, not as low as the Anthem but not far off and it works fine on mine.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Have you tried a marshguard?

pipiom
    Free Member

No mudhugger 29er mudguards until feb ( just emailed em) the Anthem is a mates but I’ve got same problem on my Trance and Tallboy LTC

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Just bought some Mucky Nutz ones – bought 3 in the end as they are half price at the mo – very light, seem to do the job so far.

pipiom
    Free Member

Sorry to appear defeatist but tried nudhuggers front and back….. Ok ish on Trance but rear doesn’t work on Tallboy mainly because of shape of rear of seat undermoulding causes guard to point down

wobbliscott
    Free Member

As said before, here’s a shot of my Zefal Deflector 29er on my covert 29. Like a No Mud.

IMG_0384 by wobbliscott, on Flickr

Plenty of adjustment so I don’t see why it shouldn’t work with an Anthem.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What rear mudguard for 2013 Anthem 29 er 1 with dropper’ is closed to new replies.