Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What pump for tyres?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Just lost my excellent Blackburn Mammoth Mountain pump out on a ride. Anyone recommend anything different? Otherwise it's same again for me. Thanks

grumm
    Free Member

Lots of people always recommend those Lezyne ones. Never had a problem with my Blackburn Mammoth though.

thepurist

Lezyne Lezyne Lezyne. Small, shiny and it works.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Topeak Mountain Morph. Once you've used one, you'll never bother with anthing else.

scaredypants

what tyres?

can't answer without a full rundown

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

mountain morph

cakefest
    Free Member

spesh ground control 1.7 front, conti explorer 1.5 rear.

grumm
    Free Member

A mate of mine has one that's like a mini-track pump – seems to work pretty well. Can't remember which one it is.

scaredypants

PP and MrMW are right, of course, with that topeak one (I lost mine 😥 ) but blackburn are great too – and their lifetime warranty really works. I had a mammoth mountain that broke after about 5yrs & got a new replacement

JimmyB
    Free Member

Nah, got a Lezyne medium & compared to my old old Topeak Einstein or something like that it's slow, a faff to get the hose attached & generally just not as brilliant.

It does however look really nice which is more important than anything of course.

Northwind

Truflo Evolution plus here, fantastic, and not too expensive- the same pump crops up under other brands too. It's either a big mini pump or a tiny track pump, but either way it's small enough to just throw in a bag but big enough to pump up tyres quickly and easily. Which is exactly what a pump should do. No real reason to go smaller IMO, lots of people fixate on size but I don't think it makes any real difference. It also has a fairly inaccurate pressure gauge, which is better than nothing i guess- there's a version available without it. Just like a Mountain Morph, only tougher, cheaper and better in use.

I think the Lezynes's are beautifully made but not actually as well designed for pumping, which is kind of a downside.

yetiguy
    Free Member

Lezyne all the way. Get a mini though. Plenty pressure can get 100 psi in my road bike

Can't recomend it highly enough

Its tiny , looks good and packs plenty of power

erny
    Free Member

Topeak Mountain Morph

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

CO2 FTW and my compressor at home. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What pump for tyres?’ is closed to new replies.