Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • What proportion of MTBers use Strava ?
  • whitestone
    Free Member

Though when you get to my age it’s annoyingly useful in documenting your decline 🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

not sure, you get timing anyway, and its extra weight and faff.
    I use it in races, but I think its less than half who do (based on flybys etc).

Every non Gravity race I’ve done recently most of the people are using a GPS of some sort, Fly By told me that about 60/70% logged the last race I did. It’s a really good tool for pacing and monitoring.

stewartc
    Free Member

I use it all the time and so do most of the people I ride with.
    As a middle aged man I use it as a tool to track my performance and to give me a little push on my solo rides.
    I do ride with guys who regularly KOM or are usually in the top 10 of most of my local trails so I long gave up trying to be competitive with it, however if I can sneak into the odd top 10 or be quicker than someone I know then its all good fun 🙂

ferrals
    Free Member

valley – Member
    & have heard reports of them going for segments & yelling at walkers to get out the way

scruff – Member
    Only the to55ers who cut corners.

I think you are confusing the use of strava with the personality trait of being an @r$€h0l€

I always wonder why people who profess to not caring how fast they are going aren’t riding nice rigid bikes with bar ends, panniers etc, because that is the ideal sight seeing bike :?. Unsurprisingly many seem to mostly be riding top of the range excessively long travelled fs trail bikes

chakaping
    Free Member

How do you define mtbers?

If it’s people who actually ride off road regularly, I’d estimate two thirds.

I still know plenty of people who don’t use it, some very quick.

avdave2

I always use it when I run and occasionally when cycling

chestrockwell

Never used Strava. I have some app that tracks your ride but always forget to turn it on.

IanMunro
    Free Member

How do you define mtbers?

The top 10 of a Strava leader board.

rich220170
    Free Member

Don’t forget that Strava is also quite useful for sussing out new trails you otherwise wouldn’t know were there…

mattyfez

I use mapmy ride, I did try strava once but found it a bit fiddly and too road orientated.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘What proportion of MTBers use Strava ?’ is closed to new replies.